Any guides for reapplying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yasuo23

Reaction score
I am still waiting to hear back from 3 schools, but just in case, I want to start thinking about re-applying.

I had 8 II that so far have led to 4 WL, 1 R, and 3 pending. Waitlisted at one of my state schools and R at the other.

I think a lot of it at this point had to do with my interview skills so I will definitely be re-evaluating that at this point. I also am considering re-taking my MCAT for a higher score, currently a 506 and 511.

I'm not so sure what to do activities wise. Do I absolutely need to have new experiences, all new descriptions on previous activities, and a brand new personal statment?

Thank you guys

Members don't see this ad.

Previous advice

As we wait, where have you been improving from your original profile?

You never know about any of the 4 WL and 3 pending decisions. Fingers crossed. I haven't followed your decisions but stay hopeful.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Old articles

I am still waiting to hear back from 3 schools, but just in case, I want to start thinking about re-applying.

I had 8 II that so far have led to 4 WL, 1 R, and 3 pending. Waitlisted at one of my state schools and R at the other.

I think a lot of it at this point had to do with my interview skills so I will definitely be re-evaluating that at this point. I also am considering re-taking my MCAT for a higher score, currently a 506 and 511.

I'm not so sure what to do activities wise. Do I absolutely need to have new experiences, all new descriptions on previous activities, and a brand new personal statment?

Thank you guys
How much higher (realistically) do you think you could go on the MCAT? The fact that you netted 8 II's (and 4 WLs/3 pending) is a sign that most of the schools you applied to felt that you could handle medical school and that you have a genuine interest in being a physician/service orientation. So unless you have an expiring score, I'm not really sure if you even need to retake the MCAT - and a score going down may only make things worse.

How did you prep for interviews this year?

Reactions: 1 user
I haven’t been able to respond to this post bc I’ve been busy with school but I just got my first A of the cycle so LFGGGGG

• Love
Reactions: 5 users