Any hints on recovering Dragon Speak Recognition back up files?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

didja

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tried opening dragon like usual and all my commands and user files won't load.
Hoping a high-speed SDN forum member might have some pointers in restoring old Dragon user files. Even a contact at your hospital's IT/systems who was able to resurrect old files would be appreciated since my local support has been stumped.

Members don't see this ad.

I’d like to ensure I can take my current dragon set up to a new location

Depending on how you use dragon, the priority will be your commands and added words, which you can export in the command browser (just highlight all of them and then export them, repeat the process in your words dictionary)- I do this every few months and forward the file to my civilian email address given how unreliable .mil email and IT in general is. You can also export your user files on the manage user section. I think this is less important if you are a native English speakers, especially with how accurate the later Dragon versions are out of the box. Your local IT (should) be able to walk you through all this. I work out of 3 rooms and an office and I keep my files synced between all 4 computers so that I can use them all interchangeably. Not sure how people survive AHLTA without Dragon actually.