Any Loma Linda decisions yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I sure hope we hear before then... That's a whole lotta waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
I sure hope we hear before then... That's a whole lotta waiting!
I think they have to make a decision whether it be accept, reject, or waitlist this month. Once they go into May, that's already when they start taking people off the waitlist which is why I think we should hear a decision this month. Who knows though.

I don't think that this Friday will be an acceptance call Friday as it is Good Friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I'm thinking maybe the 2 Fridays after this Friday. Also, today is another interview day so they may decide all of us 2 Fridays from this Friday.

Originally posted by Adapt
I think they have to make a decision whether it be accept, reject, or waitlist this month. Once they go into May, that's already when they start taking people off the waitlist which is why I think we should hear a decision this month. Who knows though.

I don't know if I agree with this... they can keep us all waitring until August, theoretically. We can probably expect more notifications in May, but I think that's about it...

The whole waiting game at LLU and several other schools really makes me appreciate schools that either state at the interview exactly how long a decision will take or those that respond shortly after the interview.

It has been long enough (and quiet enough) since the LLU interview that my initially favorable impression of the school has faded.

:( i still haven't heard either....but then again i "only" interviewed march 9 :p i tried calling, but the good ole' "no decisions have been made yet" SNIFF!:scared:

I interviewed at LLU some time ago and I just got my rejection letter in the mail from them :(

Too bad... I really loved LLU.

I hope you all have much better luck! :)

Originally posted by Ashes
I interviewed at LLU some time ago and I just got my rejection letter in the mail from them :(

Really? Sorry about that Ashes. Did you just receive the letter today or some time ago?

Originally posted by Ashes

So sorry to hear that. :( I hope you have better luck with the rest of the schools.

Really? Sorry about that Ashes. Did you just receive the letter today or some time ago?

Adapt,

Actually, I received it about a week ago (interviewed in Jan). In fact, I haven't even told my parents about it since they're still recovering from the rejection I got in late-March from my state school :( :(

*sigh* Those post-interview rejections really hurt. Hopefully there's still a school out there that wants me :)

Anyway, best of luck to you all!

Ash

LLU Where Are U? I just can't take the waiting anymore. :(

I'm with you on that ELY!!! They need to Accept us NOW!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Ashes said:
Adapt,

Actually, I received it about a week ago (interviewed in Jan). In fact, I haven't even told my parents about it since they're still recovering from the rejection I got in late-March from my state school :( :(

*sigh* Those post-interview rejections really hurt. Hopefully there's still a school out there that wants me :)

Anyway, best of luck to you all!

Ash
Sorry to hear that. I'm sure you will get accepted soon.

As for LLU, I'm with you Kathy. SHOW ME THE ACCEPTANCE. :clap:

There's a committee meeting soon! :scared: I wonder how many times you have to get passed up before you get rejected. I've been passed up in Feb and in March. Ashes was passed up 4 times I think. All you can do is wait... and pray! hehe...

Even though Loma Linda is a private school, isn't almost everyone (if not everyone) who gets in a CA resident? I thought I remembered reading or hearing that somewhere. Everyone during my interview day was from CA. I would say that Ashes geting rejected was a state-thing, if I'm not mistaken about the residency thing. I'll check out the MSAR when I get home.

AID -

I checked in the MSAR 2004/2005 (the newest one) and it's about 50/50 in-state/out-of-state. Sorry to be the bearer of not-so-good news to a Cali resident...

I just (as in last week) got an invitation to interview. I'm scheduled for the first week in May. I'm really, really excited, because I thought it was all over for me all LLU! I'm hoping that the timing will work in my favor, because just as the 15th rolls around and people make decisions, there I will be!

Here's hoping we'll end up LLU classmates next year...good luck AID!!!

ChE_Babe said:
AID -

I checked in the MSAR 2004/2005 (the newest one) and it's about 50/50 in-state/out-of-state. Sorry to be the bearer of not-so-good news to a Cali resident...

I just (as in last week) got an invitation to interview. I'm scheduled for the first week in May. I'm really, really excited, because I thought it was all over for me all LLU! I'm hoping that the timing will work in my favor, because just as the 15th rolls around and people make decisions, there I will be!

Here's hoping we'll end up LLU classmates next year...good luck AID!!!

OMG! Congrats on the interview! LLU must have started really late to still be interviewing, huh? Well, that turned out to be great for you. You are going to absolutely LOVE it! It is such a great school and you will feel totally at home when you are there. Good luck and let us know how it goes! :clap:

Praise God from whom all blessings flow...
I can't believe it...I got the call today... Ten minutes ago... I got into LLU!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
The adcom meet last Thursday!!! Keep your fingers crossed guys, they may call you next. I'll keep praying for you guys, don't worry!!! :)

kathy10 said:
I can't believe it...I got the call today... Ten minutes ago... I got into LLU!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
The adcom meet last Thursday!!! Keep your fingers crossed guys, they may call you next. I'll keep praying for you guys, don't worry!!! :)
Congrats Kathy.

Still no call here. I hope I at least get waitlisted. I would hate to wait till May just for a decision.

kathy10 said:

:clap: :clap: YAY!! Congrats Kathy!! That is so awesome. You finally know where you are going to be! No uncertainty!!

I'm with you, Adapt... still no word here.

I hate to always ask, but are you SDA, kathy? You should give me and Adapt some good Karma so that your luck rubs off on us!!! :luck:

Yes I am actually SDA, however, I have never attended an SDA school all my life. So its going to be a very new experience for me as well. I hope that you both get a call soon so that you guys can also be a part of this school.
P.S. I am still praying for you guys...so keep your fingers crossed. :)

Congratulations!!!! It is good to know that at least some of us are getting in!

Congrats Kathy! I'm glad to finally hear that someone got some good news. I'm crossing my fingers still, but I was told that they will call A.S.A.P after the meeting for those who got in. So, it looks like we got passed up again! :(

Can you guys give me any information on how the waitlist at LLU works, also how many people usually get in off the waitlist. I got a letter today stating that i am on the unranked alternate list and that an acceptance can be offered up to the 5th of august, which if registration day.

MCW ranks the waitlist in May, so does LLU just keep reviewing our files till they decide to take us off the waitlist when a spot opens up?

thanks

nammy, I just got the same letter too! I saw the envelope and thought to myself... "Well, I didn't get a phone call..." So, I was pleasantly suprised when it wasn't a rejection. I'm going to call Lorainne tomorrow and check it out. I'll post what I find out, ok? I'm sure acceptances would come sooner rather than later, since May 15th is just around the corner. Good luck to us all! :luck:

Adapt... any news???

Spitting Camel said:
nammy, I just got the same letter too! I saw the envelope and thought to myself... "Well, I didn't get a phone call..." So, I was pleasantly suprised when it wasn't a rejection. I'm going to call Lorainne tomorrow and check it out. I'll post what I find out, ok? I'm sure acceptances would come sooner rather than later, since May 15th is just around the corner. Good luck to us all! :luck:

Adapt... any news???
Wow I didn't get anything yet. Either I may get the letter tomorrow or I was rejected. :eek:

Does anyone have the secondary questions, please help!

Well, I still didn't get anything in the mail from LLU. I am confused. I don't know if this is a good sign or bad sign.

Adapt said:
Well, I still didn't get anything in the mail from LLU. I am confused. I don't know if this is a good sign or bad sign.

I guess no news is good news.

del taco said:
I guess no news is good news.
True but for some reason I feel like they lost my file. :eek:

Adapt said:
True but for some reason I feel like they lost my file. :eek:

you have been waiting for a while. have u called them ever??

docmemi said:
you have been waiting for a while. have u called them ever??
I know. I've called them twice since the interview and each time they said it's still under review.

I see that both Adapt and Docmemi has this similar theme going on in their avatars....

:laugh: I just noticed it too. Nice.

Hey, I've been waiting along with everyone else and received the wait-list letter yesterday...so whatever! I'm going to withdraw from the list since I just got accepted to Pitt. :)

i got my waitlist letter yesterday too, but i decided i wasn't going there a while ago....i'll withdraw too

Everyone's getting a decision but me? Where's my letter. Junkinthetrunk, you live in Chicago and I live right by LLU. I should have received a letter before you. :confused:

hey slick, I don't know man...this doesn't look good for us...I also live really close to LLU and nothing....maybe they sent the waitlists first, then the rejections :( . Well you know about my interview experience so I wouldn't be surprised if got the R from them, although my first interview went really well...I don't know I just didn't get a good vibe when I talked to the Asst Dean of Admissions....well let's hope for the best and expect the worst....either way in 4 years we'll be docs and that's what counts right? anybody else with some updated news?

Dr. Don said:
hey slick, I don't know man...this doesn't look good for us...I also live really close to LLU and nothing....maybe they sent the waitlists first, then the rejections :( . Well you know about my interview experience so I wouldn't be surprised if got the R from them, although my first interview went really well...I don't know I just didn't get a good vibe when I talked to the Asst Dean of Admissions....well let's hope for the best and expect the worst....either way in 4 years we'll be docs and that's what counts right? anybody else with some updated news?
Sup Dr. Don, so you don't think it looks good? I really would be happy for just a waitlist right now. I think that when you talked to her they had just sent a second round of letters and maybe our letters are in that round.

JunkintheTrunk and lilgecko... thanks for the withdrawals! Much appreciated!!!! :love:

Congrats again, lilgecko!! :clap:

I don't think it's a bad thing, Adapt. They could have made two rounds of letters, cause mine was dated April 16th or so... chin up, my friend. A waitlist is a good list, and there are already two withdrawals on our side!

Wanna get into Loma Linda? Convert yourself and baptized as a Seventh Day Adventist ;)
I know of a few people who ONLY applied to Loma Linda and got in...talk about less stress in this process!

CalBeE said:
Wanna get into Loma Linda? Convert yourself and baptized as a Seventh Day Adventist ;)
I know of a few people who ONLY applied to Loma Linda and got in...talk about less stress in this process!

uh hem, bitter former SDA... stop killing it for the rest of us... :laugh:

Spitting Camel said:
uh hem, bitter former SDA... stop killing it for the rest of us... :laugh:
I'm not a liberal person, but SDA's just too conservative for me!

For those of you that interviewed, did you have a day of touring, lunch and interviews or did you just have two interviews and that was it?

i think all the people that interviewed later only had the interviews.....it was kinda sad for me cuz i came all the way from michigan and had to have a self-guided tour :( in the end looking back at everything, i don't think i could have gone 4+ years sneaking caffeine and hamburgers :D

JunkintheTrunk said:
i think all the people that interviewed later only had the interviews.....it was kinda sad for me cuz i came all the way from michigan and had to have a self-guided tour :( in the end looking back at everything, i don't think i could have gone 4+ years sneaking caffeine and hamburgers :D

When did you interview? I though for out of staters they'd at least give a tour :eek:

del taco said:
When did you interview? I though for out of staters they'd at least give a tour :eek:

I interviewd in Feb and got a tour. Although we didn't see the hospital, we did get to see a lot of the campus.