Any NY Law Help Appreciated!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmva1986

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm studying for NY MPJE with Dr. Cutie's notes. I've found some inconsistencies and I was wondering if any of you guys might be able to help (even if its only one question!).

1. Can a pharmacy distribute to another pharmacy? A doctor's office? If so, is it only under 5% distribution?
2. Can a pharmacy fill a prescription out from outside the country?
3. Can a prescription have more than one device on one blank?
4. I read somewhere that C2/benzos MUST be on ONYSRx even if it's a C2/benzo. Is this true?
5. Is Sonata or Midrin really a noncontrolled substance in NYC?
6. Can a nurse/receptionist call in a noncontrolled substance and/or controlled substance?
7. Do hospitals need to sign up to participate in the ESAP?
8. Do electronic Rxs need to be printed?
9. Can a community pharmacy repackage drugs?
10. I'm confused with the difference between the board of reagents, the education department, the board of pharmacy?
11. If you receive a fax from a hospice for a C2, do you need a cover?
12. For transferring prescriptions, can the original pharmacy keep the remaining refills?

Members don't see this ad.

ESAP: only facilities that furnish syringes to patients need to register. They can either sell or give up to 10 syringes to a patient. Hospitals don't typically give syringes to patients for personal use, but if they have an outpatient pharmacy that provides syringes, then yes.