any other CVS districts treat floarers like this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makeawish

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’ve been a member for +10 years, and 90% of postings were after working at CVS.

Since I started working here, I got anxiety, and it decreased in my quality of life significantly.
It's mostly due to the schedule issue.
First of all, I am hired as a full time, but only half of shifts are given in advance, and I have to pick up the rest when people call offs. And the “in advance” means like 4 days ahead.
My scheduler emailed us this week’s schedule last Wednesday, and I still don't know schedules for the next couple of weeks.

And she just canceled shift for tomorrow, because the staff pharmacist canceled her vacation. They didn't even give me full 30 hours this week, and now I have only 19hrs in this week.
Oh, this is better than 2 weeks ago. My scheduler forgot to tell me that the staff pharmacist canceled his day-off request, and I had to return back to home on Sunday morning.
I can’t plan anything ahead, and my family is struggling finding rides for my kids and babysitting. I literally have no life.

Is this how other floaters are treated in other district?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Yes. It is normal. People get asked or sometimes told to drive 1 hour plus each way to cover 2-4 hours.

What you are experiencing is what CVS calls... Needs of the business above all else.

Reactions: 3 users
I'd say this is normal for a poorly run district

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
New/potential students need to read this.

I have experienced the same. I was used to work 7pm to 10pm shift in a 24 hour store every Saturday evening. Sometimes scheduler never responds to your messages. One time they called me on a Sunday morning to open a store. I got ready and got in to my car, and scheduler said never mind-staff rph is going to open it. it's the worst company to work for. They don't care about their employees at all. that's why I can't stand people staying extra to do more work . Do your best on your shift and leave on time. I go to work 15 mins early and try to leave within 15-20 mins after my shift. I can not thank GOD enough for getting me out of that hell in just 3-4 months. Even the worst day at my current job is way better than a regular day at CVS.

Reactions: 6 users
If they treat you like a floarer, get out now or move to the floarer department.

• Haha
I’ve been a member for +10 years, and 90% of postings were after working at CVS.

Since I started working here, I got anxiety, and it decreased in my quality of life significantly.
It's mostly due to the schedule issue.
First of all, I am hired as a full time, but only half of shifts are given in advance, and I have to pick up the rest when people call offs. And the “in advance” means like 4 days ahead.
My scheduler emailed us this week’s schedule last Wednesday, and I still don't know schedules for the next couple of weeks.

And she just canceled shift for tomorrow, because the staff pharmacist canceled her vacation. They didn't even give me full 30 hours this week, and now I have only 19hrs in this week.
Oh, this is better than 2 weeks ago. My scheduler forgot to tell me that the staff pharmacist canceled his day-off request, and I had to return back to home on Sunday morning.
I can’t plan anything ahead, and my family is struggling finding rides for my kids and babysitting. I literally have no life.

Is this how other floaters are treated in other district?
yes I am a floater and this is exactly how they treat me. sometimes I only know one day ahead. we are just objects to them. Nothing more

Reactions: 1 users
The worst part is when they box you in. For example, they know you need x number of hours for health insurance or they know you have a stay at home wife. It is over. Don't let them know details of your personal life that could potentially be used against you. I can't stress that enough.

They will ask you to do clinics 2 hours away or cover shifts on short notice. It is use and abuse system. Psychological warfare.

Psychological warfare is the norm at these chains as petty sociopaths tend to covet these middle management jobs. They are too lazy to grind on the bench and love to have peons slurp up anything they emit, and they also love to play mind games

Reactions: 1 users
You guys thinking too much of these *****s ... They are just dinguses ... Psychological warfare? Nah ... Just a bunch of dinguses;

I believe you are filling in the needs of the business. How much do they pay you per hour? It obviously is not a good gig to be an on-call pharmacist, but focus on fulfilling the needs of the business, being a reliable and likable worker, so that when a better opportunity comes, you can move on. Always remember you are surrounded by future employers (your current colleagues can switch jobs and take you with them if you are good). Don’t let your current crappy schedule get in the way of your work ethics and do your best. This is not your permanent position, so treat this as an extended interview, an opportunity to showcase your work ethics so that when something better comes up, you will be seen as a worker someone (whether it’s your current boss or a fellow pharmacist) will want to recruit/promote/hire.

Reactions: 2 users
CVS sucks, get out as fast as you can. Things will only get worse!