Any point in adding a couple schools this late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m1lkm4nn

Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to add VCU and VT Carilion (already have their secondaries), is there any chance they would look at me this late? Maybe VT Carilion would because it's new? I don't want to throw away 150 dollars if there's no chance. I'm fairly competitive if that matters. Thanks for the input

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, it's November.

This. They might take your money so they could have a night on the town, your treat, but they're not going to actually read your app w/ it.... :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
With your stats, you have a chance you'll get away with such a late application, so I'd say, Go for it. But surely you've been getting some love from all your other schools? Have you sent in an update letter about your added clinical experience hours since you submitted, yet?

There are people out there who applied in November and got accepted. It isn't likely but varies significantly between schools.

Do you have money to just toss around like that? Honestly, I wouldn't but it's really your choice. Personally, I like to spend my hard-earned cash on things I want or on other people I care about and such as opposed to funding some impersonal admissions office somewhere...but maybe that's just me!