Any post-bacc pre-med students in Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueperson

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
While I know there aren't any post-bacc pre-med programs in Minnesota, I was wondering if there are any post-bacc pre-med students and if so, where they go to school and their opinion of the courses offered. Do you take the courses during the day (i.e. work full-time) or at night?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I took post-bacc classes at Normandale Community College and the U of M. Personally I thought NCC was better--more attention from profs, harder grading. The U is huge, although they offer every class under the sun. I ended up having to go there to back up the community college classes. I had no trouble doing well in all my classes there based on the preparation I'd gotten at NCC.

Some of the local private schools will let you take classes too. If you're not interested in the U of M, I would look into that.

I took all my classes during the day.

Does the U offer most of them at night as well? Does MN look more favorably amongst students that went to its undergrad?

pushkin said:
Yeah, I took post-bacc classes at Normandale Community College and the U of M. Personally I thought NCC was better--more attention from profs, harder grading. The U is huge, although they offer every class under the sun. I ended up having to go there to back up the community college classes. I had no trouble doing well in all my classes there based on the preparation I'd gotten at NCC.

Some of the local private schools will let you take classes too. If you're not interested in the U of M, I would look into that.

I took all my classes during the day.