Any premeds with Facebook accounts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
stifler said:
pretty damn hot. i wish you can do a pap smear on me. haha jk. im a guy :/

(1) Yes. (2) C'mon, that was pretty tasteless.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm so glad this thread is here, because I have a story to share with you all........

So first let me say a few things....

I have a friendster, myspace, and thefacebook account. I only created the latter two to get in touch with a friend or two of mine. They don't really serve that much purpose. The friendster account I never finished creating, just partially created it because a friend told me about it.

Anyhow in regards to friendster, here is a story for you all......

So there is an Indian girl who I grew up in central Fl with, who I swore on my life went to USF COM. I'd even seen a picture on the USF COM C/O 2007 page that said that this person went to USF COM and was part of the C/O 2007.

She had graduated from USF undegrad, and I'd been told by someone that she was here at the med school.

Recently, when I was browsing friendster, I came across her profile. And wow oh wow, I was surprised to find out that the person with her name at USF COM C/O 2007 was actually a totally different person that had a similar name to hers. Because she ended up being in the C/O 2007 for UMich SOM and of all things.......she was married.

At first, I didn't believe it was true. But then I went to the UMich page and looked it up in the director, and sure enough she was there. That is just kinda freaky too, because the other girl who had her same name also looked somewhat like her.

I know a lot of people from childhood who go on those websites to keep in touch with friends and post pics of themselves.

got your pm ucla!

but how do i get the search thing to show me all the schools on facebook when i search global? the options i have are everywhere and my school, but i remember that there was a list of all schools :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
wends said:
got your pm ucla!

but how do i get the search thing to show me all the schools on facebook when i search global? the options i have are everywhere and my school, but i remember that there was a list of all schools :confused:

Yah the same thing happens to me too. I'm only able to view the people at my university or from my highschool.

gujuDoc said:
Yah the same thing happens to me too. I'm only able to view the people at my university or from my highschool.

Yah, last week it gave me a list of schools. Now it just says EVERYWHERE and my school. You can search everywhere though and it will tell you their school, but you can't even look at their profile until they accept you as a friend. I wonder why they changed that in just the last few days?? Random....

jtank said:
so what exactly does everyone do on facebook besides look at each others profiles?
does anyone actually meet new people through it?

Truthfully, I have no clue what the purpose is, seeing that outside of SDN and a couple of other message boards, that I've been on in my life, I don't talk to people I don't know in real life.

I've seen profiles for a lot of people I knew in my highschool years and childhood years, with profiles at facebook, friendster, and myspace. But I don't use my accounts for any purpose, other then trying to get in touch with some old friends who's contact info I lost, or who seem to be too busy as of late but take the time to look at their profiles at the aforementioned sites.

So it is essentially a means of getting in touch with friends.

Hey Kristy, I added you :). How's the shadowing search going?

vish57 - :eek: