Any Recommendations for Private MCAT Tutoring? Scores are not improving

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocGold125

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for good private MCAT tutors? For example, to walk through practice exams completed in the past and try to improve the overall score?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good private MCAT tutors? For example, to walk through practice exams completed in the past and try to improve the overall score?
Hey @DocGold125

Hopefully someone can give you some good reviews soon for a MCAT tutor.

I am not sure how popular the website Wyzant is where you live, but you can find a tutor for almost every subject including the MCAT. The website is www.wyzant.com. You can look through lots of tutors and see their reviews from other students.

Hopefully that website helps!

Reactions: 1 user
I found my tutor using wyzant and it worked well for me. If you go through a private company you should expect to pay significantly more. I recommend working with a local tutor if that is possible in your area since they may be more familiar with schools you attended for class and medical programs in the area. It’s one of the reasons I usually only advertise tutoring online and at local colleges in my area. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey @DocGold125

Hopefully someone can give you some good reviews soon for a MCAT tutor.

I am not sure how popular the website Wyzant is where you live, but you can find a tutor for almost every subject including the MCAT. The website is www.wyzant.com. You can look through lots of tutors and see their reviews from other students.

Hopefully that website helps!
I found my tutor using wyzant and it worked well for me. If you go through a private company you should expect to pay significantly more. I recommend working with a local tutor if that is possible in your area since they may be more familiar with schools you attended for class and medical programs in the area. It’s one of the reasons I usually only advertise tutoring online and at local colleges in my area. Best of luck to you.
Thank you! I will definitely look into Wyzant.

Does anyone have any experience with one-to-one tutoring with Altius, Kaplan, Princeton, or the likes?