Any schools in the APTA Virtual Fair accepting low GPAs??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KG_DPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any schools you guys know of off the top of your head, have been accepted to, or know of someone who was accepted?? I know about A.T Still but I'm not sure about any others. I also did not have time to look up each school individually, unfortunately.

Any info would be great! You guys are awesome!

:)

Members don't see this ad.

There are a TON of threads on this forum about low GPA, and each school's website is pretty clear about what their minimum GPA is. If you don't have time to look up schools individually and to do your reading, you are gonna need to make time (and a lot of it) if you want to get accepted to PT school, especially if you are coming at it with sub-par grades.

Your question is far too broad for most of us to have the time/desire to answer for you. That would basically just be us doing your homework for you. As you do your research, we'll be here to answer more specific questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
And as a very partial answer to your question, I'm mostly familiar with the schools in the western US, and I know several of the smaller/newer/lesser known private schools have lower average GPAs. I don't know specifically what their minimums are off the top of my head, but it really isn't that hard to Google. Keep in mind that very, very few people get in with the bare minimum. If the minimum is a 2.75 and you have a 2.8, assume you won't get in to be safe. Touro NV and Franklin Pierce AZ are a couple that come to mind as relatively easy to get in to, though their class sizes aren't huge. I have no idea what schools will be at the APTA virtual fair, but that really isn't too important as far as where you apply.

You may want to look into the non-PTCAS programs as well, as some of them tend to get smaller number of applicants (relatively).

Members don't see this ad :)
Any schools you guys know of off the top of your head, have been accepted to, or know of someone who was accepted?? I know about A.T Still but I'm not sure about any others. I also did not have time to look up each school individually, unfortunately.

Any info would be great! You guys are awesome!

:)
Good God almighty in heaven! You absolutely MUST make time to research schools THOROUGHLY. I'm not talking about just GPA's. You have to choose a school that is a fit for you and vice versa. You need to know darn near every detail you can about a program before even applying to that school. The two most important and vital things you will do during the application process is research programs and writing your essay. That's how you maximize your chances at getting interviewed. Anyway, don't waste your money with the "spray and pray" method. Research, research, and more research. This is, after all, your whole future we're talking about. This is, after all, tens of thousands if not a hundred thousand dollar investment. This is going to be one of the biggest decisions, at least financially, that you will ever make. RESEARCH.

Reactions: 2 users
Good God almighty in heaven! You absolutely MUST make time to research schools THOROUGHLY. I'm not talking about just GPA's. You have to choose a school that is a fit for you and vice versa. You need to know darn near every detail you can about a program before even applying to that school. The two most important and vital things you will do during the application process is research programs and writing your essay. That's how you maximize your chances at getting interviewed. Anyway, don't waste your money with the "spray and pray" method. Research, research, and more research. This is, after all, your whole future we're talking about. This is, after all, tens of thousands if not a hundred thousand dollar investment. This is going to be one of the biggest decisions, at least financially, that you will ever make. RESEARCH.

:=|:-):

Reactions: 1 user
as others have said, look it up! I got into some of the toughest programs with a 3.19 as a non-traditional student (originally had a 2.6 after my first undergraduate degree in business). It takes hard work but yes, you can make it. I'll throw you a bone...apply to schools that take the last 60 credit hours as your overall GPA and start busting your behind. TWU, Angelo State, Missouri and a bunch of other schools do this. search for my post in the GRE GPA sticky thread from this year's cycle and you can get a feel for what you can do with a low gpa. good luck.

Reactions: 1 user