Any suggestion for CNP/Epilepsy fellowship matching

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

okuyazu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an IMG and will be graduated in Neurology residency 2017. I applied some CNP fellowship programs especially Epilepsy program this year. I already finished training in Neurology Residency in my home country before.

I have 3-4 publications, 4-5 posters (especially in AAN conference), 2-3 textbook chapters and 2-3 regional presentations (especially in my home country).

Can you give me any idea how much chance that I will get match in a strong program ?

Members don't see this ad.

NCP and epilepsy programs are not that competitive. I am currently in a "top 10" CNP program and I had average stats. You should get into one of your top choices. No worries. It always helps to do an away rotation and impress the clinical faculty at the institution of your interest, if you can. But, I don't feel this is necessary. As always apply early and have the epileptologist at your institution write a strong letter for you. Good luck!