Any unadvertised openings?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SSue223

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this is a long-shot, but I thought I would ask since I know my program has had an an opening for over a year which wasn't widely advertised. I'm currently a PGY-2 in a good program. I love my program, my co-residents are like big brothers, and all the attendings are very nice and knowledgable. I did my pre-lim year in this city too and I have already bought a house. My problem is that after about 14 months of searching, my SO hasn't been able to find a job in his field despite having previous experience. It's coming to the point where it is putting serious strain on his well-being and subsequently the relationship. I told him that I would try to find an opening in a larger city, then he could search for job opportunities before I contact a particular program. If you guys know or here of anything, please PM me.

Members don't see this ad.

His field is patent law, so bigger cities would probably have better yield

Members don't see this ad :)
His field is patent law, so bigger cities would probably have better yield

Are you certain the problem is location? The market for lawyers is generally poor all over. It would be a shame to transfer only to find out there isn't work for him there, either.

Hey guys, I know this is a long-shot, but I thought I would ask since I know my program has had an an opening for over a year which wasn't widely advertised. I'm currently a PGY-2 in a good program. I love my program, my co-residents are like big brothers, and all the attendings are very nice and knowledgable. I did my pre-lim year in this city too and I have already bought a house. My problem is that after about 14 months of searching, my SO hasn't been able to find a job in his field despite having previous experience. It's coming to the point where it is putting serious strain on his well-being and subsequently the relationship. I told him that I would try to find an opening in a larger city, then he could search for job opportunities before I contact a particular program. If you guys know or here of anything, please PM me.

Considering your guaranteed income potential is 5 times his, I wouldn't sacrifice my career for my SOs career.

Considering your guaranteed income potential is 5 times his, I wouldn't sacrifice my career for my SOs career.

Conversely, it would be silly to sacrifice their marriage (relationship?) for a job/money.

Also, lawyers can make pretty good money too!

Honestly, my advice would be to contact the PD's in some of the markets where the SO feels he has a good shot. You never know what they have brewing unless you ask!

Conversely, it would be silly to sacrifice their marriage (relationship?) for a job/money.

Also, lawyers can make pretty good money too!

Honestly, my advice would be to contact the PD's in some of the markets where the SO feels he has a good shot. You never know what they have brewing unless you ask!

as 60% of marriages fail...