Any UPenn 3rd/4th years?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Torque83

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, will be completing my clinical rotations at UPenn starting late Jan/early Feb (rotation 11) (finishing last term at SGU Dec 5th). Am anxious to get some insight from people that are currently or already have gone through this final year. Will be spending 36 weeks at New Bolton Center and 14 at Ryan Small Animal Hospital. I've started looking at studio apartments and was shocked to find there's virtually nothing out near NBC. I know NBC has dormitories but I'd prefer to use that minimally. I have a car and don't really see much of a reason to get a place in/near University City when my schedule will be so large animal biased. I'm apprehensive about craiglist for an apartment but it's really the only thing that is finding anything within a 20-30min drive of NBC. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

(Just graduated Penn here)
I would get in touch with Ashra and compose a little paragraph saying what you're looking for, and she should be able to send it out to all the vet students. I know I deleted about 10 million emails about available rooms at New Bolton so don't stress out!

No problem, and if you can't get a hold of her for some reason, you can private message it to me and I'll post it on the 2015 and 2016 class facebook pages.