About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody else receive a survival kit in the mail?

Discussion in 'Family Medicine' started by ckent, Oct 7, 2003.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. ckent

ckent Removed

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I just received a large, red box addressed to me labeled "survival kit" in my mail. I had no idea what it was, but I opened it up anyways because I'm not scared of anthrax. Anyways, it turned out to be a brochure from Harrisburg Pennsylvania's Family Practice Residency program with a hershey kiss and a neat pen shaped like a syringe. Did anybody else get this? I'm a member of AAFP, and I get their journals every now and then, so I guess that's how they got my address. I've been getting a lot of mail from FP programs, everybody must know that I am a fourth year. I'm applying for IM though. Anyways, if you get the package in your mail, go ahead and open it, it's safe.
  2. mamadoc

mamadoc Old Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    yeah, I got it - thought it was sorta cute and definitely a less conventional way of saying "check us out." It seems like I get something from an FP residency program just about every day in the mail.

But I definitely appreciated the Hershey's Kiss. Mmmmm.... chocolate.