Anybody get into a texas school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RDHwife

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten into a texas school as an out-of-state student? If so, what kind of stats do you need? Is applying a total waste of money?

Members don't see this ad.

RDHwife said:
Has anyone gotten into a texas school as an out-of-state student? If so, what kind of stats do you need? Is applying a total waste of money?

I know that Texas schools prefer to have instate students so if you are out of state, you will need good stats. Check out the Texas schools thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=243671

I think there's a few out of staters in that thread who have gotten in. :)

if you are applying to texas schools, i think it is better that you apply thru the TMDSAS. it's cheaper and probably faster to process. yeah.. you need above average stats. they (the entire state) usually accept about a handful of students each year.

Members don't see this ad :)
food4thots said:
if you are applying to texas schools, i think it is better that you apply thru the TMDSAS. it's cheaper and probably faster to process. yeah.. you need above average stats. they (the entire state) usually accept about a handful of students each year.

Yup yup. It took them only a month to get all my LORs, calculate my GPA, and get my application sent out. :) AADSAS could learn a thing or two from TMDSAS.

How does the Texas Application Service calculate overall GPA? If you retake a class do they count both times and hours or do they average the two grades? Does AADSAS average both grades or what?

Ms Latte said:
How does the Texas Application Service calculate overall GPA? If you retake a class do they count both times and hours or do they average the two grades? Does AADSAS average both grades or what?

ANY college class you've ever taken carries the same weight in your GPA, yes even if you retook the class. If you took Organic Chmeistry three times and made a D, C, and A all three grades carry the same weight in your GPA....they do not average the three grades. There is no way to hide from poor grades.