Anybody going to UW-Madison or a current student there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DHJunkie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted to the program, but have yet to visit. Can any of you give me some insight into the program? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I did not go to PT school there but I'm at UW hospital right now doing a inpatient rotation and have heard good things about the program. The hearsay is that is a neuro-biased school but if you look at the orthopedic journals the faculty has a good representation.
Plus Madison is a great college town that needs to be experienced.

I actually did my undergrad at UW. I have a friend in the program here, she says it is difficult, but likes it a lot. The professors are amazing and UW has a great reputation. The city of Madison and the university are absolutely amazing. (Just a little cold up here in Wisconsin)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an undergrad at UW right now. My undergrad anatomy class was with the prof who teaches the anatomy for the DPT program. The professors really are amazing. The only reason I didn't apply here was that I was ready to leave WI for a while (lived here my entire life!).

Anyway, Madison is a really great town, feel free to send me an e-mail if you have general questions about the city, housing, etc. [email protected]

The program itself and the fact that I qualify for in-state tuition will make it difficult for me to turn down the offer. I appreciate everybody's insight!

I have also been recently accepted to UW-Madison, but into their OT program vs. PT...I graduated from UW with my Bachelor's degree and the school as a whole is pretty awesome! From what I know, I think we will be taking Anatomy 622 with the PT students this summer...congrats to getting accepted fellow Badger!