General Admissions & OTCAS Anybody know of part-time OT programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should_I_continue_OT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know about OT programs that are a lighter/part time load? I know I don't like online formats or large class sizes, but the only programs I know of are the U St. Augustine Flex MOT (mostly online) and I think Bay Path has large classes.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Springfield College's program is designed to easily be completed part time, and I believe the classes are smaller than at Bay Path. However, I think I read somewhere that once level II field work starts (the 2nd summer and third fall semesters of the program) it must be competed full time.

Here is what their website says:

Is there an alternative to the full-time curriculum?

Yes. Although most students complete the program following the 28-month course plan, some students prefer to stretch their program to three, four, or even five years because of work and/or family responsibilities. Classes meet only on weekdays, but we block our schedule so that you would come to campus fewer days each week on an extended plan. Our goal is to help you meet your career goals in the way that works best for you, so please call us if you would like more information about extended course plans.

Brenau University in Georgia has a part-time/weekend program. Just make sure to not be eating/drinking anything when you look up their tuition rates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bay Path has a part time track and Salem State University is a 4 year part time school( both located in MA). I was accepted to both, but I am leaning toward bay path simply because their part time track is 3 years as opposed to 4 at Salem. I LOVED how Springfield college really advocates and cares for their students by allowing them to spread out their schedules to their preferred workload. I wanted to apply there but I think I couldn't find my references in time.

Does anyone know about a part-time OT program in Missouri? I asked a professor if he knew of a part-time program, and he said "something in Missouri". He might have been thinking that Springfield College in Mass. was in Springfield, Missouri.

And if anyone who hasn't commented yet knows of any programs that take 3 years or longer to complete but has the same number of hours, that would satisfy what I mean by a part-time program.

Does anyone know about a part-time OT program in Missouri? I asked a professor if he knew of a part-time program, and he said "something in Missouri". He might have been thinking that Springfield College in Mass. was in Springfield, Missouri.

And if anyone who hasn't commented yet knows of any programs that take 3 years or longer to complete but has the same number of hours, that would satisfy what I mean by a part-time program.

I figured out Rockhurst was the part-time school.

Last edited:
Touro University in NY has a 5 year part time option