Anybody still waiting for Vanderbilt??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
beat army,

the date of the letter was 8/5. have you already scheduled your interview? did you do it over phone or email? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

dr45sdn said:
beat army,

the date of the letter was 8/5. have you already scheduled your interview? did you do it over phone or email? thanks.

congrats! :thumbup:

and, thank goodness! another round is about us! let's hope they keep coming!

i just realized that i have the most posts on this thread. to commemorate this occasion, i have constructed a crown made of aluminum foil to show that i am the king of this thread.

ps: i suck. :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
dr45sdn said:
whats up everyone. just letting you all know there is still hope for the vanderbilt interview invite. i just got mine today in the mail (8/9). i live in the los angeles area. yay!

THAT'S IT!!! YOU'RE OUT OF THE CLUB!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hi, I think they're doing another round! I got an interview invite from Vanderbilt.
My letter was also dated 8/5, and I was processed on 7/13.

Originally Posted by ssk123
Hi, I think they're doing another round! I got an interview invite from Vanderbilt. My letter was also dated 8/5, and I was processed on 7/13.
its really, really mean to get my hopes up like that. :( :laugh: :laugh:

dammit, now i have to resume my compulsive mailbox-checking. :thumbdown:

TO EVERYONE WHO GOT A VANDY INTERVIEW:

were your letters of recommendation already turned in before you got the interview invite?

(i'm hoping that's my hold-up :rolleyes: :laugh: )

It's another day.
Bumping one last time and hoping I (or any of us) never post here again and this thread dies in infamy
Here's a few clovers for all of us! :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

No letters of rec do not have to be in necessarily to get an invite. I have friends that have received it without their LOR being in.

For those of you getting your invites now, can you please post the date your AMCAS was processed as well? Thanks so much

my letters are not in yet and i got the invite today. i will be sending them in this week after i finish this autobiography. i was processed on 7/13 to answer your question

Hope is still out there. I just got my invite today as well. Processed 7/14 and the letter was dated the 5th <living out in Cali>

Keep your chins up, cuz I was starting to get worried as well. Heck, maybe they decided to interview everyone this year. :)

I was looking at some of the dates people's AMCAS apps were verified/processed...mine was on June 18th and I haven't heard a thing from Vandy....should I be worried? Or do they keep passing applicants that dont get the interview in the initial round to subsequent rounds until they decide to weed them out?

Sorry if it sounds neurotic....I feel like I'm a senior in hs all over again....but WORSE :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
bidster said:
I was looking at some of the dates people's AMCAS apps were verified/processed...mine was on June 18th and I haven't heard a thing from Vandy....should I be worried? Or do they keep passing applicants that dont get the interview in the initial round to subsequent rounds until they decide to weed them out?

Sorry if it sounds neurotic....I feel like I'm a senior in hs all over again....but WORSE :eek:

I'm in the same boat. I can't help but feel like an early worm that got gobbled up by all the early birds. :scared:

hi..

i was processed on 6/13 and i'm waiting on Duke and Vandy..this is weird..there are people who were processed in late july who are already getting these secondaries..guess i just have to hurry up and wait. i mean, i know vandy screens but Duke doesn't ..so what's the deal?

~LR

LRmed2003 said:
hi..

i was processed on 6/13 and i'm waiting on Duke and Vandy..this is weird..there are people who were processed in late july who are already getting these secondaries..guess i just have to hurry up and wait. i mean, i know vandy screens but Duke doesn't ..so what's the deal?

~LR

Same boat....makes me wonder why I rushed to submit my AMCAS if timing really wasn't going to help.

bidster said:
Same boat....makes me wonder why I rushed to submit my AMCAS if timing really wasn't going to help.

I was process 6/10. I'm in the same boat. No response from the folks in Vandy Land.

Jason

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I had to vent somewhere. :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

i'm still a member of this club (unfortunately).

i think it was DrThom who called Vandy and they told him that they hadn't gotten to his file yet. that may be the case with many of us. as we speak, i am fighting my neurotic pre-med instincts to call them! grrrrrrrr...

but some of these folks were processed later...maybe the schools are downloading the apps and ours are at the back since we were processed earlier???? maybe they are sending out secondaries in reverse order..like the later you were processed, the earlier you get your secondary or something..whatever is it..this waiting game stinks!! :(

maybe we're just in the nay stack. i'm going to stop worrying about it until i hear something one way or the other. i originally wanted to go there even more since i didn't have a secondary, but now i'm beginning to develop the mentality of "if they don't want me first, maybe i don't want them first"

Dr Turninkoff said:
maybe we're just in the nay stack. i'm going to stop worrying about it until i hear something one way or the other. i originally wanted to go there even more since i didn't have a secondary, but now i'm beginning to develop the mentality of "if they don't want me first, maybe i don't want them first"

true true..we may be in the nay stack..but i'm also still waiting on Duke, which does not screen...hmmm..

No Vandy love today, either. :(

"Hey Sugar, where's my Vandy Candy?"

Jason

As founder of this club, it pains me to report that I have to resign my position.

I GOT THE INVITE TODAY!!!!!

Oh man, I am going crazy.

Thank you all for the good times we had in this thread and I leave you in the capable hands of superdevil, although I am sure he won't be around much longer. ;) ;)

Phew. 2 weeks of stress for this! I don't know how I am gonna last this whole cycle.

Good luck to all of you! :luck:
I hope to see you in the Vanderbilt interview/secondary threads soon!

congrats to DrThom and calstudent!!!!! i am the *official* king of this thread. :eek: :scared:

on an unrelated note, i now abuse heroin and cocaine on a daily basis. :( (just kidding....maybe...)

sd and others, if it is any comfort, it really, truly could be the mailman. my letter was dated on july 27, and it come today, so yours could very well be in the system :luck:

july 27! :eek:

man, that's a really long time to deliver a simple first-class letter.

i haven't given up hope, but i would have given my left arm for an august interview date at vandy...

calstudent said:
sd and others, if it is any comfort, it really, truly could be the mailman. my letter was dated on july 27, and it come today, so yours could very well be in the system :luck:

Mine, too.

Weird...

You guys are great and I am sure I will see you when we interview. (I am going to schedule in sept.)

I'm a Vandy undergrad, so getting their letter could change when I go back to Nashville. And of course I'm at home and my AMCAS address is my school box! Grr. :idea: So I called the Vandy student post office and asked if I had mail.

Guy puts me on hold to check, and comes back speaking in the kind of voice you use when you're about to break bad news to someone and you want to do it as gently as possible. "You don't have anything..." My little hopes get slammed to the floor and stomped on. "Just some letter from the Vanderbilt Medical School Office of Admissions." Me: "That's it! That's it! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!"

And then I couldn't get through to Admissions to confirm. :rolleyes: If there's a rejection sitting in my box, I am going to feel like such an idiot.

Wiggy73 said:
I'm a Vandy undergrad, so getting their letter could change when I go back to Nashville. And of course I'm at home and my AMCAS address is my school box! Grr. :idea: So I called the Vandy student post office and asked if I had mail.

Guy puts me on hold to check, and comes back speaking in the kind of voice you use when you're about to break bad news to someone and you want to do it as gently as possible. "You don't have anything..." My little hopes get slammed to the floor and stomped on. "Just some letter from the Vanderbilt Medical School Office of Admissions." Me: "That's it! That's it! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!"

And then I couldn't get through to Admissions to confirm. :rolleyes: If there's a rejection sitting in my box, I am going to feel like such an idiot.

Beautiful story. I hope we will have a lot more like those when interviews come around!
And, I thought the same thing (rejection!) for a second when I opened my mail, because it is just one small envelope, with one letter, but I am 100% sure it will be a interview invite for you. :thumbup:

I'm still waiting on Vandy... :confused:

Jason

Do you think those of us who didn't get the secondary are just out of luck by now? It's getting harder for me to hold out hope. :(

CaMD said:
Do you think those of us who didn't get the secondary are just out of luck by now? It's getting harder for me to hold out hope. :(

Its still very early in the process, you probably didn't get one because they haven't reviewed your app yet.

just checked the mail.....and i am still king of this thread :laugh: :(

I'm still waiting for Vanderbilt too...but I don't know if my numbers (3.56/36) will cut it :thumbdown:

Originally Posted by gobblety_gook
I'm still waiting for Vanderbilt too...but I don't know if my numbers (3.56/36) will cut it
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: don't worry, those numbers are more than enough!

my numbers are similar to yours, which makes the lack of an invite troubling. since most schools screen against people based heavily on numbers, and my numbers are ok, its like they're saying, "we know your numbers are fine, we just flat-out don't like you. it's personal, you douche." :D

oh well, life goes on...(hopefully this thread won't, though)...

I got email from Vanderbilt this morning saying they received my AMCAS and it'll be reviewed in 6-8 weeks. So that means they didn't reject me yet, they just haven't seen how awesome I am. (joking!)

Anyways, my AMCAS was certified in late June, so they're downloading apps slowly or in batches or something. So don't give up hope if you haven't heard yet!

Or maybe they found out that yesterday was the day I officially decided to assume I was out of the running and they just want to tug at my heartstrings a little longer.

Did the people who got interviews already get this e-mail? I was processed July 8th and haven't gotten anything from vandy.

Dr Turninkoff said:
Did the people who got interviews already get this e-mail? I was processed July 8th and haven't gotten anything from vandy.

Processed June 10th... Still waiting... :mad:

Jason

processed july 7...still nothing....

only things in my mail today were UIC MCAT/recruiting letter for MD/PhD and my rejection from mayo (pre-secondary....it still stings). :oops:

superdevil said:
processed july 7...still nothing....

only things in my mail today were UIC MCAT/recruiting letter for MD/PhD and my rejection from mayo (pre-secondary....it still stings). :oops:

AMCAS processed June 10... still nothing from Vandy... I'm thinking about throwing in the towel. I don't want to be hopeful if a rejection is coming my way. :(

Jason

damn, jason, i'm sorry. i thought you said *july* 10th, not JUNE 10th :eek:

well, i actually called vandy yesterday, and the woman i spoke to was polite, yet evasive. she just said, "you'll hear from us 4-6 weeks after we receive your AMCAS either way (interivew or rejection)."

maybe they haven't checked our files yet, or maybe it just takes longer to send a rejection. who the hell gives a sh.t :rolleyes: i just want to know either way so i can close the book on this chapter of my application process.

superdevil said:
damn, jason, i'm sorry. i thought you said *july* 10th, not JUNE 10th :eek:

well, i actually called vandy yesterday, and the woman i spoke to was polite, yet evasive. she just said, "you'll hear from us 4-6 weeks after we receive your AMCAS either way (interivew or rejection)."

maybe they haven't checked our files yet, or maybe it just takes longer to send a rejection. who the hell gives a sh.t :rolleyes: i just want to know either way so i can close the book on this chapter of my application process.

Maybe they put me in the "special" pile... Whatever that means...

Jason

don't worry guys, i'm sure your invites are in the mail.

Originally Posted by junathon
don't worry guys, i'm sure your invites are in the mail.
thanks for the kind words. let's hope you're right!

also, bumping for saturday's mail/sadness/suicidal tendencies...

Superdevil, your stats are great - they are probably working on an embossed, personalized letter asking you to do them the honor of visiting their school...hence the delay!

Originally Posted by kathy80
Superdevil, your stats are great - they are probably working on an embossed, personalized letter asking you to do them the honor of visiting their school...hence the delay!
:laugh: :laugh: :thumbup: thanks, kathy80, that's priceless!

the more vandy makes me wait on a decision, the more i want to go there. why must she play hard-to-get?? :oops:

superdevil said:
:laugh: :laugh: :thumbup: thanks, kathy80, that's priceless!

the more vandy makes me wait on a decision, the more i want to go there. why must she play hard-to-get?? :oops:

Hey superdevil, maybe Vandy is getting to Ohio applicant last. Or the person in charge of Ohio applicants is on vacation. Just a thought.

Jason

Originally Posted by Jason110
Hey superdevil, maybe Vandy is getting to Ohio applicant last. Or the person in charge of Ohio applicants is on vacation. Just a thought.
hey dude, that sounds good to me! right now, i'll take anything i can get. :D

oh, btw, no vandy news in mail today, either. :thumbdown: