Anybody with 6+ interviews and no acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

#1SDNer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering.

:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

really Indyzx? that sucks...........thats my worst fear man, ive had two so far and no acceptances.........two more so far, hopefully taht'll do the trick.......and then its to begging! :p :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I had interviews/Interview invites at:

GWU
NYMC
USF
MSSM
Tufts
NJMS

0 Acceptances

I has had interviews from

Texas Tech
UT-Southwestern
UT-Houston
UTMB (Galveston)
Texas A&M
Virginia Commonwealth

Still waiting to interview at

Tulane
Drexel

He's not going to know until February 1.

Interviews at:

NJMS
SUNY Stonybrook
Columbia
GW
Cornell
UIC

NADA :cool:

i've had 7 interviews, no acceptances yet. (3 waitlists). haven't heard anything from the other 7 i applied to. much sadness.

mr. sparkle said:
i've had 7 interviews, no acceptances yet. (3 waitlists). haven't heard anything from the other 7 i applied to. much sadness.

I feel your pain.

7 interviews, 2 more interviews coming up, and 0 acceptances.....2 waitlists.

haha... i clicked this thread wanting to post, and i see that someone has already taken care of it for me.

ive been to 10 interviews with another one scheduled in january. no acceptances yet. ive got waitlists from hopkins and michigan and im sure a future rejection from cornell. will hear back from a bunch of schools feb 1st to late march.

still pretty excited about hearing back from the texas match, baylor, northwestern, columbia, and penn. i also am very much interested in hopkins, but i wont sniff that till late spring anyway.

IndyZX said:
haha... i clicked this thread wanting to post, and i see that someone has already taken care of it for me.
Lots of those schools are non rolling, I don't think you need to worry.

#1SDNer said:
Just wondering.

:confused:

I'll join your boat. Hopefully we don't sink!

i know this is really tuff situation to be in, hang in there guys! i've had 2 interviews, no acceptances, 2 rejections, and two more interviews.......hopefully i'll have more interviews in the new year........what a sucky process, but in the end, one thats worthwhile.......im such a sap! :love: :love: i love my peeps at sdn!! :luck: :luck:

Interviews at: Penn State, Jefferson, Johns Hopkins, UW. No word on those yet. This thread is making me nervous. Did your interviews go well, or did you leave feeling downtrodden?

Members don't see this ad :)
5 interviews, 4 more invites, haven't heard a thing from any schools.

Merry Christmas!

6 interviews so far, 2 more next month, 0 acceptances.

6 interviews so far. 2 interviews next year. 1 wait list. 1 rejection.

somehow, being rejected after an interview stings even more than a pre-interview rejection. it feels like they're saying "Well, we liked your application enough to want to interview you, and then we met you and decided that you suck. we don't want to even risk you ending up at our school through a waitlist." :eek:

lightnk102 said:
it feels like they're saying "Well, we liked your application enough to want to interview you, and then we met you and decided that you suck. we don't want to even risk you ending up at our school through a waitlist." :eek:
:laugh:

sorry to hear that hon!

I wish you all :luck: :thumbup:

lightnk102 said:
6 interviews so far. 2 interviews next year. 1 wait list. 1 rejection.

somehow, being rejected after an interview stings even more than a pre-interview rejection. it feels like they're saying "Well, we liked your application enough to want to interview you, and then we met you and decided that you suck. we don't want to even risk you ending up at our school through a waitlist." :eek:

:( I think i'd feel the same way.

I totally agree...6 interviews, 1 waitlist, 5 question marks

I knew I should've gone to Biochem grad school! Doh!

mshheaddoc said:
:laugh:

sorry to hear that hon!

I wish you all :luck: :thumbup:

psychodoc said:
:( I think i'd feel the same way.

thanks for the well-wishes. my ego is still smarting (i've never been rejected after an interview before, not even for jobs! ...it sucks), but the recovery has been helped by an ipod and new ski jacket for christmas :)

i keep telling myself that this experience is healthy for me, kinda like being spanked as a kid. everytime i got spanked, i got better grades. but then they stopped spanking me when i turned 10. i should've been spanked more.

Its interesting, because we have a room full of people that for the most part probably havent been rejected from a thing in their lives and are now applying in a process that rejects over half, and most people get rejected at LEAST two or three times... Maybe this is to pound our egos down a bit to make us better docs? All I know is it sure hurts, and I am wishing you guys the best of luck. One parting shot...probability is on your side! If you go to more than like 3 or 4 interviews you have a really good chance to get in, so if so many schools think you are good enough to interview there HAVE to be a bunmch of schools that think you are good enough to accept. Hope you applied to those ones, and again, good luck

i think by the end of march, you all will be overcome with the problem of where to go!!!!!!! its still early in my opinion, a lot of things can happen in three months..........but this does keep us on our toes!

I've had 10 interviews thus far...and got my 1st acceptence (cleveland clinic) in early December...before that I had 3 waitlists (Vandy, WFU, Case Western), 2 holds (UChicago, GWU), and 1 rejection (Georgetown). I have 2 more interviews in Jan., waiting to hear back from 6 schools I already interviewed at, and haven't heard anything from another 5 schools.

Hang in there guys...I'm sure you all will get that first acceptence soon, and then it will be cloud nine :)

<spanks lightnk102>
<spanks lightnk102>
<spanks lightnk102>
<spanks lightnk102>

Hope that helped :thumbup:
Now you don't need more rejections to get that good chapped @ss feeling.
;)

liverotcod said:
<spanks lightnk102>
<spanks lightnk102>
<spanks lightnk102>
<spanks lightnk102>

;)

This thread just got a lot more interesting... :laugh:

always count on liverotcod to liven things up! :love:

congrats on your acceptances!!!! :thumbup:

Ha! Never thought i'd see a spankin' on SDN!

Let's see, have had 6 interviews, 2 more to go in January. Four waitlists so far and no acceptances. I expect to feel that chapped @ss before too long though :p

Here's hoping for cloud 9 :thumbup:

liverotcod said:
<spanks lightnk102>
<spanks lightnk102>
<spanks lightnk102>
<spanks lightnk102>

;)

wow. go to the mountains for 2 days of snowboarding, and not only do i come back with a beautiful green-blue bruise with little red dots on my right buttcheek, but i also get an SDN spanking from liverotcod! The love on this forum brings a tear to my eye.

I love naughty spankers :love:

6 interviews
+ 2 rejections (pre-interview so it wan't a burn)
+ 6 future interviews
= 0 acceptances

I'm not freaking out yet, since most of my schools are in Texas.
But after Match Day, I might start hitting the bottle a little harder. :smuggrin: