Anyone already heard from northwestern, duke or u of pittsburgh??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
damn wolverine you must have a hardcore app. congrats!

Where do you live right now? NU's open house is 2 days, so it might be possible to go to Pitt one day and NU the other, depending on your schedule/finances/travel capabilities.

NUPT will let you come visit, sit in on a class, etc., and talk to advisors and students at anytime, but speaking from experience the open house is a great way to get acquainted with the school (moreso than a regular visit can).

Members don't see this ad.

markelmarcel-- did you apply and get accepted to Northwestern too, or just Pitt? I was accepted to both and am trying to decide between the two and am stuck.
Ahhh any advice?

I only applied to Pitt, not Northwestern. The more I think about Pitt the more I think it'd be silly to turn them down. Of course, I didn't apply to any other "ranking" schools... I applied to Pitt, Chatham and Duquesne (all in Pittsburgh). UPMC is in the forefront of the medical field (in all aspects) with research and that is something that is important to me.

Choosing between two great schools that are both well-known is another issue all together! How do you feel about the Steelers? No, really... how do you feel about them? Because if you don't like them and openly dislike them, you may get maimed in downtown Pittsburgh. Haha. ;) If you're an avid sports fan, Pittsburgh is for you though. Can't beat the Pens or the Steelers and usually Pitt's basketball teams are great!

As far as Pitt's campus- it's gorgeous. Oakland is a really busy area of Pittsburgh, but I wouldn't live in Oakland. So, if you are wanting to live off-campus while you get your degree you'd have to factor in that if you don't want to live in a hellhole that costs a lot (and worry about drunken kids peeing on your front porch :p) then you'll have to consider how you feel about riding a bus to and from school/driving in city traffic. If you are going to live on-campus, then no worries! Or if you don't mind paying a lot for crappy housing in Oakland, then ok! For example, a one bedroom apartment in Oakland can be anywhere from $600-900 a month without utilities. If you go about 5 minutes away in another "sub-town" you can rent an entire house for that price and be in a safer neighborhood.

You may want to message callmecrazy, current Pitt student, if you wanted more info on that. My info is just from growing up around Pittsburgh/visiting often. There's a really big music scene in Pittsburgh if you are into going out to bars and listening to bands, so that's nice too. That's the main reason why I spend so much time in Pittsburgh (my boyfriend thinks he's a rockstar ;) )

Anyway-- Good luck with the decision! I still haven't officially sent in my acceptance to Pitt... I am still sort of waiting to see what Chatham says... The more I talk to people though, even though I liked the fact that Chatham's program was smaller, I think I'd be best to choose Pitt... More opportunities.

Now, if someone would give me a big hunk of money to go there, I'd be set!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an interview from Duke as well!!! It took them a really long time to say anything to me! Do you happen to know how many people they interview compared to how many they admit? I know they have a class of about 80 I just wasn't sure the chances of getting in if you are offered an interview.

I also received an interview from Duke today and that is the first I've heard from them since I applied in September...if that helps anyone looking for something about Duke on this thread

HossierDPT, when is your interview scheduled for Duke? Do you know what other dates they are interviewing?

I just received an interview from Duke as well!!! It took them a really long time to say anything to me! Do you happen to know how many people they interview compared to how many they admit? I know they have a class of about 80 I just wasn't sure the chances of getting in if you are offered an interview.

Hi Hoosier-I interviewed with Duke on December 3rd, and there were 15 in the group. It's my understanding that they're shooting for about 65 in the upcoming class. Good luck with your interview!

Did they notify u like NU - phone call before letter? Also: does PITT usually interview?

Usually PITT sends the first round of acceptance letters (or emails I should say) around Christmas break. When I was applying I got the acceptance email on December 26th, which made for a perfect late Christmas present!

Okay...Is there any validity to the rumor that NU will have notified all the acceptances by 12/15???

I guess I didn't get in. :(

12/15 is a date that has been thrown around on the forum but I'm not sure if it's accurate or not. It could be that it's the deadline for them making their decisions...since all the calls are made by one individual, and she's a busy person, idk if all the calls would necessarily be done by then.

If you don't hear by today you could always call and ask?

Again, I have no idea...this is just what would make sense to me.

I agree with Dancer if you have not heard anything from them you could definitely call. They told me the date for completing decisions was 12-15 but I also do not know if they would call/mail after that date acceptances. So yeah basically if you haven't heard yet and they are supposed to have all final decisions now I would say call!

Hi Hoosier-I interviewed with Duke on December 3rd, and there were 15 in the group. It's my understanding that they're shooting for about 65 in the upcoming class. Good luck with your interview!

How was the interview? I am excited! I am going down on the 24th of January.

Out of curiosity, what was the male to female ratio at the interview? On Duke's website they mention that in the past 3 years the classes have been anywhere from 15%-30% male. Curious to hear

baseballDPT,

When did Duke contact you? Did they mention other interview dates?

baseballDPT,

When did Duke contact you? Did they mention other interview dates?

I heard on 11/29 via email.....They mentioned January 24th, February 7th and February 21st

Hope this helps.

I heard on 11/29 via email.....They mentioned January 24th, February 7th and February 21st

Hope this helps.

I heard from them the same day but then wasn't sure if it was worth the cost of traveling there after hearing back from other schools. Anita actually called my house in the beginning of December and said that they had opened up more interview dates because they other ones were filling up quickly since I never responded. Long story short...my interview is on January 10th.

For those of you who already interviewed...how was it?