Anyone apply to Creighton Univ in NE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gabbers22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI All-- With everyone talking about schools that they have applied to, I wondered if there were any out there who applied to Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska?
I have applied there...application in late...and am still waiting to hear if I have an interview.
If anyone has applied there, could you reply and let me know how long you waited before interviews there, or if you were accepted there?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am from Nebraska, and I applied to Creighton in October...at least I thought I did. In December, they sent me a card stating that my application was incomplete because one of my letters of rec. was missing. Gee thanks.

In my opinion, I wouldn't bank on Creighton. It is a very hard school to get into because (1) They have a guaranteed acceptance program for their undergraduates and (2) They are very focused on admitting children of alumni.

I have lived in Nebraska all of my life, so I know what I am talking about. If you get an interview there, kudos to you; but I wouldn't count on it. fyi: I got into the Nebraska medical center, which I think is a better medical center anyway, so I didn't even bother following up with Creighton.

KMorris3--
Thanks for the advice. I too, have lived in Nebraska my whole life, and UNMC is my top choice, but I thought that I would apply to Creighton anyways.
If I could ask, when did you interview at UNMC? I interviewed in November, and am still waiting. By the way congrats about getting into UNMC. My fiancee is a second year there and he loves it!
Thanks again for responding!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at UNMC the first week of November. It was odd because everyone at my table was from out of state. I didn't think my interview went that well, but I was accepted right before Christmas, so I guess it went better than I thought.

I think the committee met for the first time in mid December. I am not sure if they have met since then. I wish I could be of more help to you. I know that they continue to accept people late into the admission season, so you still have a good chance. Of course, you probably know better than me since your fiance already attends the school.

Anyway, good luck to you. No one should have to endure this process.

gabbers22-

I submitted my AMCAS in July and got a Creighton secondary in maybe October. I just received an interview invite last week. I am an out of stater, so maybe that is why it is so late (I hear they take their guarantees first.) I have heard great things about the school. So hang in there, and good luck!

Creighton: Interviews on Fridays, Sept. to March. Those with completed applications, and particularly strong applicants, selected for earliest interviews. About 10% of applicants usually interviewed.
Rolling admissions beginning in October.
Wait list moves from late May to late June.
Of 110 places, usually approx. 35 are taken by Creighton undergrads.