Anyone currently applying to med school and planning to take the April 2004 MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorWannaBe

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are any of you planning on retaking the MCAT in April? I submitted my applications so late that I have only been interviewed at one school, so I'm worried that I might not get in this year. Or by the time I get accepted, it will be around the MCAT time. My MCAT score is ok, but not good enough for the top schools, which I would like to have a shot at if I reapply. So here's my question: If you haven't been accepted yet, when will you decide to retake the MCAT, and when will you begin studying again?

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same situation as you, where did you interview? I have my only one at NYMC in Jan, and I won't know until April, so I'm gonna start studying in Jan. after my interview. How are you gonna prepare?

Me too. 1 interview so far. I've decided mid-January.... It's difficult to muster all that energy again-- but there's definately a few things I'll change this time around.... (like actually studying Gen Chem and NOT relying on Kaplan for adequate Verbal prep-- going to try EK this time)

For those of you pondering retaking, I retook this past August--mainly to improve my verbal. I found the AAMC practice tests on their website to be extremely helpful. Also, I practiced passages from Princetion Review by trying to do ~30 questions in 30 minutes--which is faster than what you will have to do on the real thing.

In the end I improved my verbal score by 4 points to a double digit score.

I hope ya'll get in soon so you dont have to make a decision about retaking. Best of luck!!