anyone do any nonscience research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

byeh2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Psychology doesn't count... it would be really cool to do research in anthropology or history, I was watching this show on discovery times channel where they were trying to figure out where the garden of eden was from biblical, historical, and cultural interpretations... they went all around Iran in search of where the garden supposively was

Members don't see this ad.

I'm planning on doing non science related research. Mine is an anthropology research project focusing on the indigenious peoples of the pacific. I thought med schools were happy with any type of research as long as you had gotten some type of experience in researching.

I've done non-science research...

I actually started off doing science research (typical lab work), then wanted to transition, so I did research combining science and humanities, and then did a humanities project.

My field was Religious Studies, so there wasn't much field work, but more analyzation and journal searches. I really enjoyed it, I thought it was pretty innovative :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm researching British Modernism/Victorian Feminism for a thesis project in my English department. So much more fun than injecting rats...

byeh2004 said:
Psychology doesn't count... it would be really cool to do research in anthropology or history, I was watching this show on discovery times channel where they were trying to figure out where the garden of eden was from biblical, historical, and cultural interpretations... they went all around Iran in search of where the garden supposively was

Does health care economics research count?

A friend of mine did her senior thesis on illiteracy of spanish speaking patients to read medication. She used to volunteer as a patient translator, and did it through the clinic she worked at.

Others, I've known, have done senior thesis on things that were religion related or what not.

Do the things you enjoy in med school, because when you get there you won't have a chance to pursue them.

On AMCAS, does a senior thesis count as an honor/award/recognition or a research/lab?

chaeymaey said:
On AMCAS, does a senior thesis count as an honor/award/recognition or a research/lab?

research/lab. Even though it wasn't scientific research, it still was a form of research.