anyone else bothered by 175 characters limit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalist

carpe diem
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else feel like descriptions with 175 characters limit make the ec's way too simplied. I mean, there are acitivies which I have done for 3 years, and I now have to summarize it under 2 sentences!

-Dentalist

Members don't see this ad.

Dentalist said:
anyone else feel like descriptions with 175 characters limit make the ec's way too simplied. I mean, there are acitivies which I have done for 3 years, and I now have to summarize it under 2 sentences!

-Dentalist

You will find it more than enough. I found the limits on characters to be beneficial since you really have to keep everything action packed and concise. So make it work for you!

thx for all your comments, L8DYV! :) I guess I will have to try my best to keep it concise.

Members don't see this ad :)
just write about it in your personal statement. Its more important anyway

L8DYV said:
You will find it more than enough. I found the limits on characters to be beneficial since you really have to keep everything action packed and concise. So make it work for you!

not only that but it also forces one to omit what's not important...

write just enough for it to sounds fairly interesting and to get the point across, that way you actually have something to talk about during your interview.

flossin' said:
just write about it in your personal statement. Its more important anyway

I agree, especially if you feel that the activity is very important. That's what I did.

deejay said:
write just enough for it to sounds fairly interesting and to get the point across, that way you actually have something to talk about during your interview.

That is the feeling I got. This seems like it is mostly context for an interview and just a little info. to make the applicant more than a number.

Dentalist said:

-Dentalist
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!