Anyone else feeling sick?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

batatata

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My MCAT is in less than a month. I've been studying since July. Recently I've been kicking it into higher gear and I've been a little more nervous for the exam, but for the past week or two, I've had a headache and some dizziness. I'm guessing this stuff is coming from stress. Anyone else feeling it?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't ruin your regime. Good sleep, descent diet that won't induce ketoacidosis :) and some exercise is essential for MCAT. Seriously. Only after this condition is done - study, do FL's, work on mistakes, rinse, repeat. Also, if stress is high, try Valeriana pills at some VitaminShop. They calm and relax you. It's very safe, herbal based, no chem. IMHO.

wait til the night before...I had the sweats..anxiety...did not prepare beforehand and only got 3 hours of sleep. Happy to say I feel the exam went well (I'll find out the 18th)...but think about how you may address this..melatonin..whatever you find comfortable. If anxiety is already kicking in, you may expect something similar the night before..so address it now.

I take melatonin at 10 PM, wake up at 6 AM, and work out. It seems to do the trick. Also, one thing that I forgot to mention is that if you have any light in your room at night (laptop/PC LEDs, cellphone, etc.) you could have enough photostimulation to interfere with your ability to sleep. This is probably a reason why many people have a hard time falling asleep within 30 minutes of going to bed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Same thing happened to me-I got my first stress induced migraine due to the MCAT a few days ago. Took 2 days completely off and then decided to go back to practice tests. My score jumped and I feel rested and ready to fight this thing again. Also, this is what my doctor told me which might be helpful: When we're taking 7.5 hr exams (practice FLs) every few days, it is important to use the computer minimally the day before the exam and rest your eyes. I tried it and it worked very well. It made me focus very well during the FL when I hadn't looked at a screen the previous day.

Reactions: 1 user
Going to be honest here...but first I must ask, have you only been studying since July?

Status
Not open for further replies.