anyone else get headaches after studying for a long time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentz00

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do people use to stay focused and remedies for headaches while studying?

Members don't see this ad.

what do people use to stay focused and remedies for headaches while studying?

YES MAN!!!! i always get headaches after studying for more than like 5hrs!! i hate it so much.. i had to take a break today from studying cause my head was hurting wayyy to much!

sigh....

i dont know how i will go through everything by august! seems like a forever long journey!

too much caffeine makes me crash tooo :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
oh it seems like a forever long journey, but trust me it approaches fast... very fast then you think... should i postpone it another week? mine is in a week and i'm thinking about postponing it... those headaches do come though...

I am a tea fiend...I buy it in bulk and have my own strainers haha. Also, it sounds preachy I know, but eating healthy and exercising do wonders for both body and mind. My only headaches are from allergies now...doh

Quick tip: TAKE BREAKS!! I overextended myself the first month of studying, was going like 7-9 hours a day, and it was just too much - i've been on antibiotics twice, once for an inner ear infection which made me dizzy everyday and it got worse if i tried to study. I'd be happy with just a little headache :D

I have the exact same problem. If I start studying at 8:30 in the morning, by the time I hit mid-afternoon I have a rockin' headache. I've found that chewing gum usually makes it worse, but that eating dark chocolate (random I know) and taking a quick post-lunch power-nap usually help.

I sometimes go for a 20 minute walk. That helps.
Also, I've noticed, when I have bad posture when sitting for long hours, I get a headache-- I try to remind myself to sit straight.

My schedule is pretty crazy. I am working 8 hours per day. I workout at least 1 hour per day after work. I eat organic food for most part. I am putting 4-5 hours per day.

Does insomnia count? Cause I am sleeping 1-2hr and studying constantly. This is absolutely not good for my health. :(

anybody with neck and shoulder pain??

it's terrible after a couple hrs of sitting my right side of my neck and shoulder are in throbbing pain it's definitely the way i sit but how else can i sit lol?? def can't study in a lazy-boy...so instead i pop advil like theyre skittles

anybody with neck and shoulder pain??

it's terrible after a couple hrs of sitting my right side of my neck and shoulder are in throbbing pain it's definitely the way i sit but how else can i sit lol?? def can't study in a lazy-boy...so instead i pop advil like theyre skittles

haha "advil like they're skittles."

lol !! i use to pop advil too but then i felt like that was bad, so i just started trying to eat healthy (that hasnt been going to well though......im addicted to orange soda AHHH) but i also take vitamins and drink lots of fruit smoothies that i make at home to give my brain and body some damn energy. when i get really frustrated i go out in my neighborhood for a long run and blast the rocky soundtrack on repeat........i wish i was kidding ahahaaa

i take motrin/advil as well..

i just dont want to over do it with that, it can have serious affects on our bodies, so what we may think is okay its really not.

ive been trying icy smoothies, kinda sorta helping.. not really.

i get shoulder pain from stresssing out a lot..

i work out and eat healthy too but too bad i study 10x more than i do both of those lol so the stress wins over the anti-stress methods....cannot wait til this is all over :D