anyone else getting residency junk mail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rachmoninov3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else getting stupid residency flyers in the mail? Come do X residency at SouthBend IN! Or my favorite today: Come see the residency programs as Kaiser-Permanente in Northern California (they didn't even have my chosen specialty.) I haven 't gotten one from a program I'm interested in yet. Why do programs feel they have to sell themselves this way? And has anyone else gotten this type of junk mail, or is it only my school who sold my information?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got the one from Kaiser as well, and a few other random places in Texas and Illinois in the past few months.

i havent gotten any, should i be worried? where did you sign up to get that stuff?

I've gotten a bunch, but almost all have been family med (because I signed up for AAFP). Haven't seen any for peds yet (I signed up for AAP pretty late in the game).

My favorite so far has been the Wisconsin family med organization. They offer a reimbursement if you interview at a certain number of Wisconsin programs. I said they'd have a better chance if they had sent me cheddar and bratwurst!