Anyone else getting the jitters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thetoothhurts91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So school officially starts in 65 days for me and I am starting to feel nervous. I know I want to be a dentist and it's something I've wanted for so long but I also want to enjoy my "no homework/projects/lab" period as long as possible. I'm going to leave behind my SO, friends, and family for the next four years. I have to take out private loans due to my status and I don't have a cosigner yet. My parents are in talks of selling the house and I feel stressed/guilty of asking this much from them. I don't have a place to stay yet because of Housing issues. My health results came back and I think I may need to do some extra stuff to make sure I am in the clear. What if I suddenly don't like dentistry? Is anyone else freaking out yet?

Members don't see this ad.

So school officially starts in 65 days for me and I am starting to feel nervous. I know I want to be a dentist and it's something I've wanted for so long but I also want to enjoy my "no homework/projects/lab" period as long as possible. I'm going to leave behind my SO, friends, and family for the next four years. I have to take out private loans due to my status and I don't have a cosigner yet. My parents are in talks of selling the house and I feel stressed/guilty of asking this much from them. I don't have a place to stay yet because of Housing issues. My health results came back and I think I may need to do some extra stuff to make sure I am in the clear. What if I suddenly don't like dentistry? Is anyone else freaking out yet?

You have a lot on the line....

Follow your heart....

Don't worry.

If you enjoyed the dental atmosphere while you were shadowing then relax.

You are blessed to have parents to support your education for your future.

Don't freak out, learn from this and never forget it.

You can do it.!!

I freak out every other day, and I'm leaving the same groups of people too. Pretty normal I'd say.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You have a lot on the line....

Follow your heart....

Don't worry.

If you enjoyed the dental atmosphere while you were shadowing then relax.

You are blessed to have parents to support your education for your future.

Don't freak out, learn from this and never forget it.

You can do it.!!

Thanks, bro.

Knew I could count on a fellow shark to cheer me up.

i freak out and i'm a dental student. welcome. you'll stop freaking out in 4 years.

Reactions: 4 users
No worries, dental school won't be easy no matter where you go. Challenges will be plenty. Pressure will be high.
But, you gotta remember that this is what you want!! Keep those rejection emails to remind you how bad you want this career!!
Your parents, SO, and friends believe in you.
Stay positive, take naps, believe in yourself, and kick d-school's butt!!

Definitely feeling jitters:rolleyes:

Reactions: 3 users