Anyone get into Case with under a 3.0?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jdreb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been a lurker on SDN and I realized that now, Case is my top choice...:love: But, I have a cGPA that's under a 3.0. However, if I get 25+ on my DAT's with a bit of EC, would I have a chance?

I just had a tough undergrad experience which didn't include ANY partying. Just things happen at home and they are unavoidable...

Is there anyone on this forum that was in a similiar situation or know of someone that was in this situation that got into Case? Thanks!!

Jdreb

Members don't see this ad.

check out predents.com. it has stats from ppl who applied and were accepted this cycle.

Hi all,

I have been a lurker on SDN and I realized that now, Case is my top choice...:love: But, I have a cGPA that's under a 3.0. However, if I get 25+ on my DAT's with a bit of EC, would I have a chance?

I just had a tough undergrad experience which didn't include ANY partying. Just things happen at home and they are unavoidable...

Is there anyone on this forum that was in a similiar situation or know of someone that was in this situation that got into Case? Thanks!!

Jdreb

i dunno about what gpa you need (i agree good idea to check out predents.com), but do make sure also that you apply earlyyyyyyy...they fill up fast..good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
25 is way too cool!!!! i think that would make up for the low gpa. However, keep in mind that Case usually emphasizes more on your GPA.

...but do make sure also that you apply earlyyyyyyy...they fill up fast..good luck!

This cannot be emphasized enough when it comes to Case. I submitted my application on May 29th, and I wasn't even in the first group of interview invites!

My suggestions to you are:

1. Take the DAT and do exceptional BEFORE May.
2. Develop a relationship with the Dean of Admissions -- request a meeting to review your stats, tour the school, email intelligent questions, etc. And do this BEFORE May.
3. Apply in May!

Case really does emphasize GPA (class of 2010 had a 3.6 cGPA). In order to prevent your application from being placed in the rejection pile, I think you're either going to have to bring up your GPA significantly and/or develop a relationship with the admissions office.

It's doable, but it's going to be a lot of hard work. Good luck to you!

i got accepted by case with 3.35 cum, 3.25 BCP, and a 3.18 sci......20's across the board on DAT submitted late june....hope that helps goodluck...my big helper was grade trends

i got accepted by case with 3.35 cum, 3.25 BCP, and a 3.18 sci......20's across the board on DAT submitted late june....hope that helps goodluck...my big helper was grade trends

Wow! That's amazing! Well, I will be taking the DAT's in late July, but submitting my application in May. I haven't taken Orgo yet, so I'll be taking it during the summer... But my GPA is really low, like 2.5ish and I am really scared. But I think that if I could score 25+ across the board, maybe I could get looked at? Maybe? What do you guys think??--- Jdreb

Just do your best and see what happens....you may also want to talk to Mr. Dalsky (adcom for Case) about your current situation and see what he thinks your options are. You should also apply to some schools with bigger class size (NYU, BU), just in case if Case does not pend out.

Good Luck

Wow! That's amazing! Well, I will be taking the DAT's in late July, but submitting my application in May. I haven't taken Orgo yet, so I'll be taking it during the summer... But my GPA is really low, like 2.5ish and I am really scared. But I think that if I could score 25+ across the board, maybe I could get looked at? Maybe? What do you guys think??--- Jdreb

Sure just get 25+ across the board and you will be fine. You know what, while you're at it.....why dont you try to get 29s across the boards? That definately looks better then only 25s. Here is some advice, work on your GPA. Bec. getting 25s across the board is not rational thinking. Drop all of your ECs, stop hanging out on weekends, get tutors, and work your butt off to bring yourself up to a low 3 point something. Getting a 25 on the DAT is not just something you decide to do.

Sure just get 25+ across the board and you will be fine. You know what, while you're at it.....why dont you try to get 29s across the boards? That definately looks better then only 25s. Here is some advice, work on your GPA. Bec. getting 25s across the board is not rational thinking. Drop all of your ECs, stop hanging out on weekends, get tutors, and work your butt off to bring yourself up to a low 3 point something. Getting a 25 on the DAT is not just something you decide to do.

why stop at 29 when you can achieve that ever so mysterious 30

For you info Ething, I don't go out on the weekends, I study and I study alot!:mad: And getting a 25 on the DAT is possible. If some people can get 29's on the DAT, then I can I shoot for 25 or higher! All one has to do is believe and work hard. It's achievable! Great way to lift someone's spirits!:thumbdown:

For you info Ething, I don't go out on the weekends, I study and I study alot!:mad: And getting a 25 on the DAT is possible. If some people can get 29's on the DAT, then I can I shoot for 25 or higher! All one has to do is believe and work hard. It's achievable! Great way to lift someone's spirits!:thumbdown:

If you need any help while studying,PM me:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)

That was pretty harsh by Ething...but i don't think you should completely ignore his point. It's more realistic to boost your GPA than getting 25DAT or 29DAT. If I were you, I would boost my GPA and study hard for my DAT at the same time.

That was pretty harsh by Ething...but i don't think you should completely ignore his point. It's more realistic to boost your GPA than getting 25DAT or 29DAT. If I were you, I would boost my GPA and study hard for my DAT at the same time.
Yes, of course I am working hard to boost my GPA! I am just really pushing for the DAT that's all...

i would get off of SDN now so you dont end up wasting study time...this place is addicting and i am lucky i found it after i had applied

So let me get this straight, A guy has no life and studies all day and all weekend and still only has a 2.5? Your home life is probably bad. I am sorry to hear that. Nothing hurts worse.

I wouldn't count on 25's across the board. Do other things becuase one bad day on the DAT and you are hosed. The best thing you can do is get that GPA up to around a 3.5.

Unless you are as dynamic as Armorshell, maybe you are? who knows, only you.

I honestly wish you good luck.

So let me get this straight, A guy has no life and studies all day and all weekend and still only has a 2.5? Your home life is probably bad. I am sorry to hear that. Nothing hurts worse.

I wouldn't count on 25's across the board. Do other things becuase one bad day on the DAT and you are hosed. The best thing you can do is get that GPA up to around a 3.5.

Unless you are as dynamic as Armorshell, maybe you are? who knows, only you.

I honestly wish you good luck.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Yeah, a lot of things happened, but if I believe I can do something and work hard, it will happen.

I think you could totally get 25s across the board. Its definitely not impossible to do and i really do feel that anyone who studies hard enough can get it.

That is the right attitude and it sounds great here on SDN, but you have to see your results in your head and visualize how to achieve them. Then go out and do it.

I should also mention that you need great LOR and EC's to enhance your chances. Good Luck man.:luck:

That is the right attitude and it sounds great here on SDN, but you have to see your results in your head and visualize how to achieve them. Then go out and do it.

I should also mention that you need great LOR and EC's to enhance your chances. Good Luck man.:luck:
Man its great to have people on this board that will support you! Thanks so much!

I think you could totally get 25s across the board. Its definitely not impossible to do and i really do feel that anyone who studies hard enough can get it.
Thanks abzirian, yeah, I will be studying really hard for this...I appreciate the support

Yeah, so back to the question, has anyone gotten into Case with under a 3.0? Is is possible???

Hey guys! Im new hear an all. I joined becuase i have some questions too be answered an i dont have any graduate school friends, so i hope my questions can be answered hear. Well my overal G.P.A is a 3.4 currently in my second year of undergade. Iv only gotten one C+ the rest are all B,B+,an A's. I just took my calc final an found uot my final grade is a C. Too be honest with you im devistated. I feel liek because i have a C,C+ on my transcript schools are just gonna laugh at me.:(

Hey guys! Im new hear an all. I joined becuase i have some questions too be answered an i dont have any graduate school friends, so i hope my questions can be answered hear. Well my overal G.P.A is a 3.4 currently in my second year of undergade. Iv only gotten one C+ the rest are all B,B+,an A's. I just took my calc final an found uot my final grade is a C. Too be honest with you im devistated. I feel liek because i have a C,C+ on my transcript schools are just gonna laugh at me.:(
xplayer2885, are you applying to Case? Why are you posting this question on this thread?