anyone hear from USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So....the next round of acceptances are going out next friday??? or the following week? does anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

mkdds said:
So....the next round of acceptances are going out next friday??? or the following week? does anyone know?

From what I understand the next round will go out end of Mar. So next week fri mar 30.

Sigh... they keep changing the dates... 2 weeks ago i called n they told me it was today... :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm giving up my spot today (I had until Monday to decide, so I'm guessing the next wave of letters will go out very soon). Good luck guys!!! USC is a fantastic school (except for the price tag).

LIer2010 said:
I'm giving up my spot today (I had until Monday to decide, so I'm guessing the next wave of letters will go out very soon). Good luck guys!!! USC is a fantastic school (except for the price tag).

so where you decided to go? are you a cali resident?

vaio said:
so where you decided to go? are you a cali resident?

I'm a NY resident, although I would've loved to study and live in Cali. I've decided to go to UMDNJ.

anyone know if this Friday is for sure the day the next round of acceptances is going out?

stryder said:
anyone know if this Friday is for sure the day the next round of acceptances is going out?
Hey stryder...I think this friday is for sure!!!! good luck :)

Hey guys... I just called today and they said they are hoping for this week (Friday) but possibly not till next week.

I emailed Eva and she said "by the end of NEXT week"

dont hold your breath.

I'm hoping for tomorrow... I don't feel like waiting another week

stryder said:
I'm hoping for tomorrow... I don't feel like waiting another week

Sorry to burst everyones bubble...and urs too stryder...but both Ryan and Eva told me the committee will meet no earlier then next week and won't send out acceptances no earlier then next Friday :mad: :scared: ...i mean i can't believe they are still interviewing...well i guess this is just the process...i think i have b-tched enough...time 2 just wait i guess.... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
just bumpin....this weeks gonna suck. waiting hurts.

michaelazna said:
Sorry to burst everyones bubble...and urs too stryder...but both Ryan and Eva told me the committee will meet no earlier then next week and won't send out acceptances no earlier then next Friday :mad: :scared: ...i mean i can't believe they are still interviewing...well i guess this is just the process...i think i have b-tched enough...time 2 just wait i guess.... :(

michaelazna said:

Man, USC just doesn't seem to care about the havoc that they wreak on our sanity, do they? :mad: Most other schools are done or almost finished interviewing.

Mysteree said:
Man, USC just doesn't seem to care about the havoc that they wreak on our sanity, do they? :mad: Most other schools are done or almost finished interviewing.

so you still have some sanity left? lucky you :oops:

vaio said:
so you still have some sanity left? lucky you :oops:

yeah, I have some at the moment. But it comes and goes. How are you doing? Hadn't heard from you in a while. Hanging in there?

Mysteree said:
yeah, I have some at the moment. But it comes and goes. How are you doing? Hadn't heard from you in a while. Hanging in there?

yeah, i'm hanging in there... still waiting on USC :mad: .. :p

so whats the word folks... anyone called / emailed Eva lately? Is Friday definitely the day?

stryder said:
so whats the word folks... anyone called / emailed Eva lately? Is Friday definitely the day?
yup,it's the day !!!!!!!

mkdds said:
yup,it's the day !!!!!!!

yeah friday is the day, unless ofcourse they decide to postpone again.

I just been invited for an interview and the dates that they offer are 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th. Would it make a difference if I choose 7th or 14th? If the next ad com meeting is on the week of 10th, then I will choose 7th, but if not, I would just go for 14th.

I just got an e-mail from Eva. Why do they give us that "by the end of the week" garbage. We all know acceptances will go out on Friday... just give it to us straight, whats the difference.

And as far as whether to interview the 7th or the 14th... the adcom met this week so either way you're probably fine as they usually meet once a month.

stv2826 said:
I just been invited for an interview and the dates that they offer are 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th. Would it make a difference if I choose 7th or 14th? If the next ad com meeting is on the week of 10th, then I will choose 7th, but if not, I would just go for 14th.

I'm still hoping for an interview invite. How did they notify you, email or regular mail?

by e-mail but in my junkmail box... e-mail said they will send me a letter too
still have 4 interviews so don't lose hope

one more day.... hopefully

I want to get in!!!! :luck:

dds0610 said:
any word or it gonna be another week?

Just checked my email... still nothing... Did anybody hear frm USC yet?

evlinhm said:
Just checked my email... still nothing... Did anybody hear frm USC yet?

I haven't heard anything yet.. I hate this waitingssssssssss

same here.
I really can't wait....

ahh! when are they gonna send it, I can't wait any longer.....

did anyone call to confirm if they've sent out the acceptances? did anyone get an acceptance email today?

Anyone who gets the e-mail please let us know...i know ur gonna be way 2 excited to think of coming on here...probably jumping around screaming on the top of ur lungs..calling every last person you know...but it would really be appreciated if u could let us know...thanks all...im sure everyone will be greatful... :scared:

i still haven't heard frm them... this is torturing me...

evlinhm said:
i still haven't heard frm them... this is torturing me...

I absolutely hate this torturing too..why they do this..weren't they suppose to send an email this morning and it is almost 2 pm!!!!!

mahya said:
I absolutely hate this torturing too..why they do this..weren't they suppose to send an email this morning and it is almost 2 pm!!!!!

I recieved an email today stating I had been accepted, I wish all of you the best of luck and don't give up!

i got in as well, they emailed quite early, 11:30EST. i've withdrawn. wishing you all the best. it's a slow process but don't lose hope.

wish,
when did u go for interview. This is really sad... we have to wait another month... :eek:

VClovesteeth05 said:
i got in as well, they emailed quite early, 11:30EST. i've withdrawn. wishing you all the best. it's a slow process but don't lose hope.
Vcloves... when was ur interview? Mine is on the 24th feb... the waiting's been too long...

I think it shows lack of concern on USC's part for their future students. If they're going to interview 600 some people, then the adcom should at least meet often enough and go through the applicants and tell us, one way or another so we can move on. I wonder if they're this disinterested in thier students once they're enrolled in their program. I'm really disappointed in them.