Anyone heard from Houston?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kh93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've applied to other school and am currently planning on going to SCCO because I have yet to hear anything from Houston. I submitted my application back in the beginning of August and have got responses from every other school. I've called the admissions department numerous times and every time I'm told its been sent to the committee and that's all they can say. Anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted mine the second week of September and have heard absolutely nothing from them either

I applied maybe a week ago and haven't received anything not even a thanks for your application or anything every other school is not like that and it makes them look bad

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard from them the same day they got my application. I have no idea though what the application process is like on their end though.

^ are you from Texas by any chance? I turned everything in to the school in September and didn't heard a word. I had to call the school to make sure they had everything since I was never even notified that they received my optomcas application. I was looking online though and found a statistic that about 75% of their students are in state. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I think it would explain why so few people have heard from them .

I am from out of state, and about half of my interview group was from out of state as well so I guess it's hard to tell how much it matters?

I'm currently going to school in another state, but am a resident of Texas. I was originally really excited about the school, but the longer they wait the more I'm disliking them. It really does look bad on their part to not say anything for so long. I view it as a school should either want you or not. There shouldn't be waiting to see what other applicants they have.

Houston was definitely one of my top choices, but after the trouble I went through it changed my mind a bit. I emailed them a few times before I called about my application and didn't receive any response. And it took me a few tries until someone picked up the phone. It just seemed a bit unorganized and like they didn't care too much about helping me. That's just my experience though. I'm sure it's a great school and that's really awesome you got an interview, @1256eye :)

I got an email from Houston today. From the way it was written, it almost seemed like one guy is typing them out individually hahaha maybe that explains why it took so much time :p anyways, just keep waiting I guess