Anyone interview at Palmetto Health for Neuro?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djnile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone could shed any light on how the interview process went there..

Members don't see this ad.

I IV'd there. What specific questions do you have? I thought it was a pretty good and efficient IV process. The program, although new, has some excellent attendings and bright future.

Hi Cerebral edema,

Just an overview of the day would be nice. I just realized today I never got an email from the PC regarding the schedule for the day.

How many people did you interview with? Was it just your typical interview questions or do they ask neuro questions? That kinda of thing really. Any light you could shed on the interview day would be helpful really.

And yea I've read the faculty profiles on the website...the attendings are definitely really well qualified.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Cerebral edema,

Just an overview of the day would be nice. I just realized today I never got an email from the PC regarding the schedule for the day.

How many people did you interview with? Was it just your typical interview questions or do they ask neuro questions? That kinda of thing really. Any light you could shed on the interview day would be helpful really.

And yea I've read the faculty profiles on the website...the attendings are definitely really well qualified.

I don't remember the exact order of things, but it was almost identical to other IVs. Breakfast, morning report, 3-4 IVs, lunch, tour. It ended pretty (2-3) early if I recall correctly. I IVed with 2 other people, which was unusual for everywhere else I've been. The pre-IV dinner and hotel were very nice. They did not ask any neuro questions, and had reviewed my file pretty closely before the interview - which is nice.

Thanks Cerebral Edema,

Headed up there for the dinner tonight. Do they just have morning report amongst the faculty then? It was my understanding the 2013 class would be the first class.

Thanks again for the heads up.