Anyone know a internet source that can teach me about mirrors (specific kinds of questions)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csx

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got TPR phys and it teaches me how to use the lens equ to find the answer. However theres nothing on how to answer questions like "an image placed outside the focal point of a concave mirror will be? real/inverted, virtual/upright, etc" (a more qualitative approach).

Members don't see this ad.

nvm..i think i found something but if you know somethign dope still let me know!

Just use the equation.

I find memorizing all that random stuff is useless and too confusing.

For each situation you are given, make up some numbers for that situation and plug them into the equation.

Check the freelance teacher on YouTube. I myself learned about mirrors/lenses just by watching his videos. His videos are awesome in general, and he has lessons on almost all MCAT subjects. I think he is from UC Berkeley.

You can answer your question using the lens equation, although I think you meant to put object instead of image.

Using the lens equation, make up a number for f, a bigger number for do and you'll fine that you'll get a positive number for di. If di is positive, that means the image is real and always inverted.

This summary helped me, and I also used online simulator to help visualize things.
http://faculty.spokanefalls.edu/InetShare/AutoWebs/AsaB/Phys103/MirrorsThinLens.pdf