anyone know what decent 2009 DAT scores are?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaf004

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, DAT in 2 days. Scored 18's and 20's on Bootcamp. Just took the 2009 DAT and got stomped on pretty hard. Anyone know what a decent score (like a 19 or 20) would be on this test? or, had anyone performed poorly on the 2009 DAT and okay on the real thing?

Members don't see this ad.

I got 23 Bio/ 24 GC/ 27 OC on the 2009 exam, on the real DAT I got 23 Bio/ 21 GC/ 21 OC. The real DAT was much harder IMO. Don't focus on the scores from your practice tests but rather, what you can learn from them. best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I got 23 Bio/ 24 GC/ 27 OC on the 2009 exam, on the real DAT I got 23 Bio/ 21 GC/ 21 OC. The real DAT was much harder IMO. Don't focus on the scores from your practice tests but rather, what you can learn from them. best of luck!
how did you estimate your scores on the 2009?

im not sure, I think there was a score conversion chart in the packet, but i had 4 wrong on bio, 2 wrong on GC, and 1 wrong on OC

Members don't see this ad :)
im not sure, I think there was a score conversion chart in the packet, but i had 4 wrong on bio, 2 wrong on GC, and 1 wrong on OC
well, looks like I am screwed lol. Weird..... Totally unaided, honest to god, got 18-20 on bootcamp... then I just got 10 wrong on each section on the 2009 DAT. weird. the last two questions on the o chem, I have never seen that before.

Actually, incase anyone else looks at this thread, I hunted down the old "converter" which they used to provide with the 2009 DAT which they now don't, and all of my scores fell exactly between 17-18 standard scores... so I don't feel as bad now, they were only slightly lower than my bootcamp scores.

however, I made some really silly mistakes on the tests... I have a weakness with multiple choice, and that is changing my answers! and 5 of the questions I got wrong, I had the right thing but I second guessed myself and I changed my answer! So don't do that!

other than that I think I just need to learn how to do simple genetics problems lol

Lol...yeah my scores on that and the 2007 were.... not good. I think I got 18 or 19AA with some 17s thrown in.

did you take it only a couple of days before your DAT and still pull those scores?! dang

2007 I took about a month before and 2009 I took two weeks before. After my 2009 scores I went hard at the books though so I owe my scores to that.