Anyone looking into Concordia University?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For your reading enjoyment...

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=755963

I think the billboard thing is a bit much..
The only thing the billboard has on it is a picture of the Deans. It doesn't say anything about being a pharmacist. These billboards were done for every school in the university and the pharmacy school did not have any input in what marketing does to promote the university as a whole.

Hey all...I'd be careful about what you post here as far as your OPINIONS go. There are administrators from the school patrolling the forum. Even though the point of this forum is to ask others PERSONAL OPINIONS.

And they do TRY to find out who you are. Just got a message from one today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of the plethora of new pharm schools coming out, CUW is the only one that I have great respect for. They have a lot of power in their administration, and the talent they brought in is absolutely astounding.

Out of the plethora of new pharm schools coming out, CUW is the only one that I have great respect for. They have a lot of power in their administration, and the talent they brought in is absolutely astounding.

Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?

There are so many new pharmacy schools that bring in faculty that are just unqualified.

And then you have CUW. Just go to their website and take a look at the personnel they brought in. Tons of experience from reputable schools. Two ppl stand out to me... Michael Brown and Curt Gielow. CUW managed to nab Univ. of Minnesota's most distinguished professor (this isn't a title by me, but a UMN PharmD graduate) and the executive dean just so happens to be the freakin' mayor of the city. Talk about power and persuasion.

Okay... I'm talking up CUW, but remember that this is all relative. Relative to the new schools opening up. I still think they don't stand a chance compared to the large state schools that have already established themselves.

More elaboration?

I am looking at Concordia for Pre-Pharmacy and Pharmacy school. I browsed around their website but I could not find any updated information about their accreditation status. I would assume right now that they are still precandidate status?

There are so many new pharmacy schools that bring in faculty that are just unqualified.

And then you have CUW. Just go to their website and take a look at the personnel they brought in. Tons of experience from reputable schools. Two ppl stand out to me... Michael Brown and Curt Gielow. CUW managed to nab Univ. of Minnesota's most distinguished professor (this isn't a title by me, but a UMN PharmD graduate) and the executive dean just so happens to be the freakin' mayor of the city. Talk about power and persuasion.

Okay... I'm talking up CUW, but remember that this is all relative. Relative to the new schools opening up. I still think they don't stand a chance compared to the large state schools that have already established themselves.

More elaboration?

Well when you poach other school's profs and offer them insane amount of money, some under the table, that'll happen.

I have an interview for Concordia coming up. Can anyone tell me what to expect and how I can best prepare for it?

I have an interview here too, also looking for advice on the interview process