anyone on the admission commitee?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dWiz

...ndn...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's the situation:

out of school a year (after graduation of course), took science pre-reqs, and did the required shadowing:

i have 2 science LORs, and 1 dentist LOR. But some schools that i am applying to say 3 LORS required; 2 from science faculty and one from liberal arts. I haven't taken any liberal arts classes in what? 2-3 years. Will they let it slide and take my dentist LOR instead?

Members don't see this ad.

dWiz said:
Here's the situation:

out of school a year (after graduation of course), took science pre-reqs, and did the required shadowing:

i have 2 science LORs, and 1 dentist LOR. But some schools that i am applying to say 3 LORS required; 2 from science faculty and one from liberal arts. I haven't taken any liberal arts classes in what? 2-3 years. Will they let it slide and take my dentist LOR instead?

Really depends on the school. Some won't care so much, but it'd be unfortunate if you got a program that was very picky and discounted you because you didn't follow their instructions. Best to call and check, then do it if they want it and hope you humanities or language teacher remembers you a bit or can bluff well. Then just have the liberal arts letter directly sent to school(s) that require it (don't even give AADSAS a chance to bungle that one).

Probably won't make a difference (wouldn't here at UNC), but it may elsewhere. Best to cya.

It wouldn't make a difference at all at my school.

My advice would be to call each school and explain the situation to them. If they're so stuck that they demand an extra LOR from a flippin' liberal arts faculty, then it's probably a school you don't want to spend the next 4 years at anyway. :)