Anyone took PTCB Practice exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fxok425

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to take this practice exam to know where I am, but the website description is not clear. It seems like I can only take the practice exam once, which will be valid for 48 hours, then I am out of the exam. I can't go back to look at or re-practice the same exam again unless I pay another $29? Is that the case?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The tech cert test is not like the pcat. I'm not sure a practice test will even do that much good. Make sure you can convert units, do simple math and conversions, and learn some pharmacy law and common references and you'll do fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
AWWWW man, i wish i would have known that sooner...since i didnt have much else to do this summer, i was going to study for a few weeks and take the tech exam...so 2 days ago, i brought a study package from pharmacytechniciantrainer.com or something like...cost me 80 bucks before shipping...i hope i can return it...i didnt know what type of questions they asked so i figured i should study a bit...guess not...now im back to square one with nothing to do...guess i'll travel:D

If you work as a tech, some companies (walgreens) offer free ptcb practice exams.

you don't need a practice exam. it's easy. i wasted 2 hours studying for it.

you don't need a practice exam. it's easy. i wasted 2 hours studying for it.

I studied about an hour a day 2 weeks before the exam with Mosby's guide. It was worth the studying (if nothing else it calmed my nerves) and I passed with flying colors. Yea! :D

What exactly is on this exam? when i do review for a couple of hours, is there anything specific/special i should focus on? or should i just do a bunch of practice problems instead?

What exactly is on this exam? when i do review for a couple of hours, is there anything specific/special i should focus on? or should i just do a bunch of practice problems instead?

A really good overview of what's on the test can be found here:

https://www.ptcb.org/AM/Template.cf...emplate=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=3057

The 3 main sections are covered here.

As others have said, it's not a particularly difficult test. However, you should probably be decent at Algebra 1/2 stuff (Like mixing solutions for a certain strength/dilution), and you definitely will want to be well-versed with pharmacy law/assisting the pharmacist.

I went overboard, and took two of their $29 practice exams and bought the Mosby's book @ B&N for $26 (I think it was) but I didn't want to have to take the exam again.

Good luck!

that's why i only studied for such a short amount of time. i didn't know what to study because there was so much in the book. if you have experience in a pharmacy, i would only concentrate on knowing conversions. grains to mg, oz to ml, lbs to kg, etc. everything else you have picked up on (i worked in a pharmacy for about 50 hours when i took the test).