Anyone use the AAMC outline as part of their retake strategy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedgrl1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recent MCAT score indicates lack of content. Not sure how to fill those gaps in the most efficient way possible as part of my retake strategy.

Used EK for the first time around, going to use TPR this time to get a more in-depth review of my weak areas. Rather than going through all the chapters like I did the first time, would it make more sense to go through the AAMC outline and review my weak areas? I want to spend as much time as possible on strategy and practice this time around, but obviously need to get these weak content areas down as well.

Any suggestions or sharing of your own experiences would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Since the AAMC outline is published by the AAMC, it would indeed be a great resource to identify and strengthen weak areas. Your score indicates both a lack of sufficient content review and test taking strategy. I would be very diligent with your studying this time around and take as many practice tests as possible.

Don't take that outline as exhaustive. Tons of Qs I have seen on the MCAT prep materials cover concepts not explicitly on that outline, but never the less fall underneath the broad categories of that outline.