"Anything else?" -- Mention recent publication or save for update letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shootbigshootbigger

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm completing secondaries, and when schools ask the "anything else" question, I have been including that my paper was published after I submitted my AMCAS application. Is it recommended to include this information in a secondary? Or is it better to save it for an update letter so I have something substantial to say? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I'm completing secondaries, and when schools ask the "anything else" question, I have been including that my paper was published after I submitted my AMCAS application. Is it recommended to include this information in a secondary? Or is it better to save it for an update letter so I have something substantial to say? Thanks!
It doesn't really matter. You might get an interview or not at the schools where you really want to update. Why not include it if given the chance on your secondary application?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!

I'd include on secondaries. some schools don't want update, or they want them only after interviews.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

Better to include it with pertinent Secondary prompts.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!

mention it if it fits a prompt, ideally the "what are you doing between your application and admission", but those "anything else" questions are supposed to be for "why this school", not about your pubs.