AOA/AMA CME question for the DO anesthesiologists out there

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InGen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried searching SDN but couldn’t find anything specifically addressing this, but I apologize if this has been asked here before. My question is regarding claiming CME credits for OMED (virtual platform). This is their statement from the FAQ’s page:

“OMED23 is dually accredited, and attendees may claim both AOA Category 1-A credits and/or AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™, but they may not exceed the maximum of 60 (in person) or 50 (virtual only) CME hours.”

Does this mean I can claim the same 50 virtual CME hours as AOA Category 1-A credits AND AMA PRA Category 1 credits or can I only claim 25 of each type (50 combined total)?

Thanks in advance for any clarification!

Members don't see this ad.

Saw this in the program.
Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In-person attendees are eligible for a maximum of 60 AOA Category 1 Credits (40 1-A, 20 1-B) or 60 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Virtual attendees are eligible for a maximum of 50 AOA Category 1 Credits (30 1-A, 20 1-B) or 50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™

Reactions: 1 user