AP grades counting towards AACOMAS GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

donkeykong1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of confused with the instructions listed below. On my transcript next to each AP class I don't have a letter grade but I do have a 4.0 next to each one i got credit for, so would this translate to an A for the respective course and add to the calculation of my overall GPA?

PAGE 22 OF THE AACOMAS PDF:

"Advanced credit granted by examination, including the College Level Equivalency Program
(CLEP)—the subjects and credit hours you received for these courses must appear on your official
transcript. If these do not appear on the transcript, an official letter from the registrar is required.
Advanced credit appearing on the transcript without subject or course names will be classified as
non-science unless official documentation is received. If a letter grade is shown on the official transcript,
the letter grade should be listed in the AACOMAS Grade column and will be included in your GPA calculations. If a grade is not shown on the official transcript or the course is indicated as being
passed, then enter the semester hours and, under AACOMAS Grade, select “Advanced Placement.” If
the AP credit was a special category, indicate.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm kind of confused with the instructions listed below. On my transcript next to each AP class I don't have a letter grade but I do have a 4.0 next to each one i got credit for, so would this translate to an A for the respective course and add to the calculation of my overall GPA?

PAGE 22 OF THE AACOMAS PDF:

"Advanced credit granted by examination, including the College Level Equivalency Program
(CLEP)—the subjects and credit hours you received for these courses must appear on your official
transcript. If these do not appear on the transcript, an official letter from the registrar is required.
Advanced credit appearing on the transcript without subject or course names will be classified as
non-science unless official documentation is received. If a letter grade is shown on the official transcript,
the letter grade should be listed in the AACOMAS Grade column and will be included in your GPA calculations. If a grade is not shown on the official transcript or the course is indicated as being
passed, then enter the semester hours and, under AACOMAS Grade, select “Advanced Placement.” If
the AP credit was a special category, indicate.

My transcript showed GEN. CHEMISTRY I - TR (4.0) but AACOMAS did not factor it into my GPA, unforunately.

Be careful if using it for any pre-reqs; there are a number of schools that require you to take higher-level classes if you claim AP for bio/chem/math.