AP Tests Question

DoctHouse

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in 4 AP classes, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP Literature/Comp, and AP Economics. I know AP credit is generally questioned by many medical schools.

Question: Should I take any of these tests?

I have until tomorrow to decide. I am in California and plan to attend California medical schools if I can. I don't want to take these tests just to find out I cannot apply the credit when applying to medical school.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently in 4 AP classes, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP Literature/Comp, and AP Economics. I know AP credit is generally questioned by many medical schools.

Question: Should I take any of these tests?

I have until tomorrow to decide. I am in California and plan to attend California medical schools if I can. I don't want to take these tests just to find out I cannot apply the credit when applying to medical school.

You should take the tests. One of the primary reasons why people enroll in AP classes in the first place is to take the exams, score well, and earn college credit. Not only will scoring 4's and 5's confer college credits that are transferable to most universities, the scores will look great on your transcript and validate your understanding of the content from the courses.

By the way, economics isn't even a requirement for medical schools, and whether or not they'll accept your AP credit from your other classes is probably something you shouldn't worry about, at least not right now. Personally, I'd be more concerned with looking into which colleges accept AP credit as opposed to thinking about AP acceptance policies of medical schools.

Reactions: 1 user