APMLE Scam - Boards Part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Liz Frank

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would anyone like to make a friendly wager on the pass rate that is supposed to be released Friday morning? I'm guessing they will bump it down to an 81% national pass rate to get a few extra thousand dollars by failing a few extra students. This exam needs more transparency! scam scam scam

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like I almost guessed right about the national average. Yesterday I received news that I scored a 74 on the exam. Not quite sure what that means in terms of my actual score but I do know that despite my top 35 ranking, busting my ass for 2 years and excelling for the past 2 months in clinic, that this exam has failed me. It has allowed people to pass that have slacked off their first two years. There are students that failed several classes and mysteriously pass, then multiple students that are in the top of the class that fail. This exam is a scam and it is a shame that makes qualified students appear to below the minimally competent level. The APMLE needs to be replaced and I demand to know my true score or I may seek legal council.

-disgruntled in Ohio

Reactions: 1 user
The exam is not a scam. It's material that you should have covered in the last 2 years of your schooling. It does a fairly decent job of picking out the students who slacked off the last 2 years. Most students who work hard will pass.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like I almost guessed right about the national average. Yesterday I received news that I scored a 74 on the exam. Not quite sure what that means in terms of my actual score but I do know that despite my top 35 ranking, busting my ass for 2 years and excelling for the past 2 months in clinic, that this exam has failed me. It has allowed people to pass that have slacked off their first two years. There are students that failed several classes and mysteriously pass, then multiple students that are in the top of the class that fail. This exam is a scam and it is a shame that makes qualified students appear to below the minimally competent level. The APMLE needs to be replaced and I demand to know my true score or I may seek legal council.

-disgruntled in Ohio

troll?

The exam is not a scam. It's material that you should have covered in the last 2 years of your schooling. It does a fairly decent job of picking out the students who slacked off the last 2 years. Most students who work hard will pass.

I'm sorry but for $900 it should do a little bit better than a "fairly decent job." Nowhere over the past 2 years did we learn about sterilizing plastic tubing that melts at 100Degrees Celsius. It comes down to who guesses well and who does not guess well on those types of questions. Unfortunately our profession has once again failed us.

I'm sorry but for $900 it should do a little bit better than a "fairly decent job." Nowhere over the past 2 years did we learn about sterilizing plastic tubing that melts at 100Degrees Celsius. It comes down to who guesses well and who does not guess well on those types of questions. Unfortunately our profession has once again failed us.

We mentioned it in the other thread, but let me mention it again. When you took the test, you signed a form to not disclose specifics of test questions. Please don't discuss specific questions. Feel free to complain, bash, or laud it as you please, but avoid specific questions.

Not sure about part 1, but I know people who scored below 74 on part II.

I think it has to do with their bell curve and removing questions that did not perform well. I feel like the student complaining about the test in this forum is one that has a sense of entitlement. "Liz frank". I'm sorry that you failed but because you are "top 35" does not guarantee you pass. When I took the exam 4 years ago, those who failed either sucked it up, passed and moved on with their lives or sulked/complained and had a sense of entitlement in which case they never recovered. Just study hard and if you're smart as you claim you are, I promise you will not fail. But please stop whining. :thumbdown:

Last edited: