Apology to D.O.s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorDrewOutsidetheLines

Pink Panther & Hope Diamond
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear D.O. doctors,

Please forgive my arrogant gunner attitude typical of many pre-meds. As a nontrad URM female, perhaps I felt that I had something to prove. Or perhaps not. I could just be a giant a$$. I hope not, though. I try my hardest not to be.

Regardless, I made some assumptions about osteopathy based on ignorance and peer advice. The whole "MD is better than DO" - you know the spiel, so I won't provoke further ire by repeating my former views.

As a hippie vegetarian flower child bohemian nomad (who once lived in Venice Beach, CA in a commune) who wants to practice rural medicine and primary care in the woodsy Pacific Northwest, I felt kinship with osteopathic medicine by learning more about OMT/OMM, the itinerant rotations of PNWU and ATSU-COM, and a closer connection to Christian medicine while researching Marian and LUCOM and Campbell.

I am ashamed that my current undergrad pre-BCPM GPA is 3.34 - and that I used to bristle at the mere suggestion that perhaps I was better suited to D.O. I've always been a stellar student / teacher's pet, but if I don't care, I skate by with a B/B+. It bothers me that I once believed that the lower admissions GPA/MCAT reflected poorly on DOs as a whole. In retrospect, it's rather hypocritical of me since that's the same argument many on this forum use for their microaggressions against URMs getting into medical school with lower GPAs/MCAT score. So I apologize sincerely for buying into GroupThink and being a hypocrite.

I've been lucky enough to find a DO mentor and I'm truly considering gunning for DO. It's more aligned with who I am as a person and what I stand for.

Please accept my humblest apologies DO community. Your profession is calling; I hope one day to your join ranks.

-DrDrewOutsideTheLines

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear D.O. doctors,

Please forgive my arrogant gunner attitude typical of many pre-meds. As a nontrad URM female, perhaps I felt that I had something to prove. Or perhaps not. I could just be a giant a$$. I hope not, though. I try my hardest not to be.

Regardless, I made some assumptions about osteopathy based on ignorance and peer advice. The whole "MD is better than DO" - you know the spiel, so I won't provoke further ire by repeating my former views.

As a hippie vegetarian flower child bohemian nomad (who once lived in Venice Beach, CA in a commune) who wants to practice rural medicine and primary care in the woodsy Pacific Northwest, I felt kinship with osteopathic medicine by learning more about OMT/OMM, the itinerant rotations of PNWU and ATSU-COM, and a closer connection to Christian medicine while researching Marian and LUCOM and Campbell.

I am ashamed that my current undergrad pre-BCPM GPA is 3.34 - and that I used to bristle at the mere suggestion that perhaps I was better suited to D.O. I've always been a stellar student / teacher's pet, but if I don't care, I skate by with a B/B+. It bothers me that I once believed that the lower admissions GPA/MCAT reflected poorly on DOs as a whole. In retrospect, it's rather hypocritical of me since that's the same argument many on this forum use for their microaggressions against URMs getting into medical school with lower GPAs/MCAT score. So I apologize sincerely for buying into GroupThink and being a hypocrite.

I've been lucky enough to find a DO mentor and I'm truly considering gunning for DO. It's more aligned with who I am as a person and what I stand for.

Please accept my humblest apologies DO community. Your profession is calling; I hope one day to your join ranks.

-DrDrewOutsideTheLines

Deleted serious response because this has to be a joke.

Last edited:
I want whatever you had for Thanksgiving, must be really good.

Reactions: 1 users
You all need to eat more pie. Don't forget the wine.

charles-shaw-wine.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Too serious to be a joke, too silly to be serious.

Drunk person / 10

Reactions: 12 users
Now what bothers me is that would you have given this apology if you had a 3.6+ GPA and 510+ MCAT score?

Reactions: 2 users
Previous thread:
"I'm just gonna say it - I'm starting to hate White people"

No need to apologize OP, medical school will weed you out

Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.