app on hold after interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phillypod

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello there. i was interviewed for a podiary school and was put on hold for my fall 2018 semester grades in my masters program. i have a gpa a bit above 3.0 in the program before i applied. however, i just found out that i will be getting a C in one of my classes. (other classes will be A, and B, for a GPA of 3.0). I fear I will be waitlisted because of this subpar semester or even downright rejected. does anyone have any experience regarding this type of situation, or could anyone chime in as to what i can expect??

Members don't see this ad.

hello there. i was interviewed for a podiary school and was put on hold for my fall 2018 semester grades in my masters program. i have a gpa a bit above 3.0 in the program before i applied. however, i just found out that i will be getting a C in one of my classes. (other classes will be A, and B, for a GPA of 3.0). I fear I will be waitlisted because of this subpar semester or even downright rejected. does anyone have any experience regarding this type of situation, or could anyone chime in as to what i can expect??

What is your MCAT score?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would think you would be fine if you passed everything, though your MCAT is a tad below average and wont do you any favors.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I would have been much more worried if you failed a class.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the feedback guys. Would it be any advantage to me to write a letter of intent ?

Thanks for the feedback guys. Would it be any advantage to me to write a letter of intent ?

IMO, you should let the admissions committee do their thing...if somehow they reject you..you can write the LOI then and appeal.
You should also apply to other schools if you didn't already; the safe number is at least 3 schools.

Reactions: 1 user
so i was put on the 'alternate list', or wait list. not sure what to expect from here

just 2, i was invited to both of them. but i only want to really go to this particular school

prob not honestly. i'd retake my mcat/get a job with my masters then apply to same school or apply DO if the mcat is high enough. then again im saying this now..my goals could change in the future

im really not trying to give my identity away, but you could PM me if you want

If your master's is only 3.0 and first MCAT is 492, you have to be honest with yourself. It is not impossible, but will be tough to get so high MCAT to make DO adcoms close their eyes over 3.0 masters GPA.
i realize this. i'd apply if the mcat was high enough. i honestly barely studied for it the first time