Appalachian College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmstudent85

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For any prospective ACP students that are coming to the Appalachian College of Pharmacy for an interview:

Do not follow your GPS or you will go in the back roads with small roads and no cell reception.

Additionally, I would recommend staying in Richlands, VA rather than the suggested Comfort Inn (Grundy,VA). Although there is nothing wrong with staying at the Comfort Inn, it is relatively expensive for one night on top of any other travel expenses you have already paid for. Richlands, VA is about the same distance as Grundy,VA being about 5 mins more of your time. Richlands will have better cell reception all around, more motel/hotel options and more to do in general. If you are following the school's directions to the campus you will pass by this area regardless (it will be the last section you have reception before reaching the campus).

Lastly, DO NOT SPEED!

Please post questions if you have any, I'm just trying to prevent you from making the same mistakes as I did.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do you know when interviews will start happening?

For any prospective ACP students that are coming to the Appalachian College of Pharmacy for an interview:

Do not follow your GPS or you will go in the back roads with small roads and no cell reception.

Additionally, I would recommend staying in Richlands, VA rather than the suggested Comfort Inn (Grundy,VA). Although there is nothing wrong with staying at the Comfort Inn, it is relatively expensive for one night on top of any other travel expenses you have already paid for. Richlands, VA is about the same distance as Grundy,VA being about 5 mins more of your time. Richlands will have better cell reception all around, more motel/hotel options and more to do in general. If you are following the school's directions to the campus you will pass by this area regardless (it will be the last section you have reception before reaching the campus).

Lastly, DO NOT SPEED!

Please post questions if you have any, I'm just trying to prevent you from making the same mistakes as I did.

I have an interview for december 7th. Wondering if you could shed some light on how it is.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my interview invitation this week as well. Very excited about it!

I interviewed on sept 28th and received my acceptance on 10/10 :)

how was the interview?
It was the most chill interview i had so far. Don''t stress over it and just be yourself. It starts earling morning at 8 and i think you will be probably be there till 2 or 3 just depending on the time of your interview. Like i said dont stress over it, the faculty and students were really nice.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually like the 3 year program since its only 2 years of school and 1 year rotations and plus you will be out the 4th year working and starting to pay those loans. :). They use block schedule for classes which i think is the best because you are only concentrating on one subject at a time. Where are you coming from?

Hi I am from the area and I also have an interview on December 7th! Good luck to everyone

Hi I am from the area and I also have an interview on December 7th! Good luck to everyone
Hey, Good luck to you too :).since you are from the area, What is it like to live around there and also how much does it cost monthly for renting an apartment and other utilities and stuff?

Hey, Good luck to you too :).since you are from the area, What is it like to live around there and also how much does it cost monthly for renting an apartment and other utilities and stuff?

It's a very small town with not much to do, we have a walmart and little family restaurants, rent shouldn't be much if you want to live in oakwood or Grundy which is closest to the school you may be paying 600-800 rent I'm not sure on utilities. I am in richlands which is about 30-40 minutes away from the school

It's a very small town with not much to do, we have a walmart and little family restaurants, rent shouldn't be much if you want to live in oakwood or Grundy which is closest to the school you may be paying 600-800 rent I'm not sure on utilities. I am in richlands which is about 30-40 minutes away from the school
Oh okay, i actually stayed in richlands when i came for interview. Thank for the info and good luck to you at the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an invitation to interview on Jan 25. Is anyone else going to that interview?

I was accepted after my interview on 12/7 has anyone else received any news??

I just got an invitation to interview on Jan 25. Is anyone else going to that interview?

I will be at that interview! I'm nervous, hoping it will go well! Good Luck!

For everyone that received an interview:

Once your application was mailed out, how long did it take to be invited for an interview?

Once your application was mailed out, how long did it take to be invited for an interview?

I don't exactly remember how long, but it was pretty quick. Once they received my application they sent me an email about what I was missing class wise and I responded telling them I was currently in them and then soon after that I got an interview invite. You should hear from them soon!

I finished my application on 11/27 and submitted supplemental items by 12/5. Admissions emailed me about things I was missing and I fixed some problems I had with my PCAT score going through. Someone from admissions (I don't remember who) confirmed via email that they did receive my updated application and I would be reviewed soon. When I didn't hear right away, I called the school to double check on my status.... and for some reason they didn't have my application marked as complete. This was mid-December. After that got fixed, I finally got an invitation to interview on January 8. My advice is to keep on them if you've been waiting for a while.

Does anyone who interviewed have any info or feedback on the PALM test posted on the agenda?

Does anyone who interviewed have any info or feedback on the PALM test posted on the agenda?

Oops haha I didn't check the date that you posted. It seemed like a newer message when I logged in. Did you hear anything yet?

Last edited:
Oops haha I didn't check the date that you posted. It seemed like a newer message when I logged in. Did you hear anything yet?
Yeah, the palm test wasn't bad at all. I got my conditional acceptance email last night, just need to take anatomy/phys 2 this summer and i'll be set

Yeah, the palm test wasn't bad at all. I got my conditional acceptance email last night, just need to take anatomy/phys 2 this summer and i'll be set

Yep I got an email from certiphi but nothing official from the school yet. Do you think you'll be going there?

Yep I got an email from certiphi but nothing official from the school yet. Do you think you'll be going there?
I just interviewed at another school yesterday, got another on Thursday and another on Friday. So I'll wait to see what's offered before I decide.

Has anyone who interviewed on January 25th hear anything from the school??

Also anyone who was accepted how long after the interview did you hear something?

Hey guys! I was at the January 25th interview- I'm local- and haven't heard anything yet!

Also anyone who was accepted how long after the interview did you hear something?
I interviewed on the 25th and got an arbitration agreement last week. I checked my email Wednesday night and got a conditional acceptance email with the certiphi background check. Hopefully you'll hear something soon.

Hey guys! I was at the January 25th interview- I'm local- and haven't heard anything yet!

I was one of the ones to interview on January 25th. I received an e-mail from Certiphi on Thursday night to complete forms for a background check (I'm out of state so I'm not sure if that matters) and then I got a paper letter in the mail today. I hope you hear soon!

I was accepted after my interview on 12/7 has anyone else received any news??

I'll be attending in the fall! Since you're from the area, any tips on where to live or what realtors to contact? They haven't put up the Class of 2017 group on facebook yet and I think I'd like to live in Richlands anyway since I get the impression it's a little larger.

Yes, I would recommend to live in richlands there are not a lot of housing options in the area but there are a few apartment complexes. There is something called the bargain finders it's based in tazewell va you can pull up their website and there are houses and apartments for rent in the area that people will advertise there! And you can also google apartment rentals in richlands va there are a couple companies to go through! Hope this helps!

Get everyone! To the people who have been accepted into the class and have decided to accept admission, the current students there have put together a Facebook page for information especially for the people who are not from this area! If you need some more information about it or would like to be added please email me at [email protected]

Being from the area I know some of the students who are currently there and I told them I would help get the page started! Hope to hear from you and I can't wait to meet everyone I will be attending school with and good luck to anyone who has received an interview or waiting for admission!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
There has been a Appalachian College of Pharmacy Class of 2017 page created on Facebook. Feel free to ask any questions on there. I am a P1 and I disagree with living in Richlands, because most of us live 10-15 mins from school so it's better if you live close to the other students. Most students prefer living close to each other for hanging out, if you ever need anything or etc.

Last edited:
Hi i hope some of you can help me. I just got an interview invitation for march 29 and i have 3 questions.
1. What is the best way to get there flying and where do you think i should stay?
2. how many people get interviewed and how many do they accept usually?
3. any pointers on some questions that might be in the interview for those who have already been interviewed?
Thanks guys

Hi everyone,
I have an interview on March, 29th as well.
I am a girl just get a driver license. How dangerous it is to drive from TRI airport, TN to Appalachian campus? I go by myself and I am quite worried because I don't know what to do if the car is broke in the middle of the way. I rent this car at the TRI airport and will be driving at 4 a.m in morning to be there onetime, 7:30 a.m. Please give me some advice. I heard there is no phone reception on the highway from TN to VA right? what should i prepare for this situation?

Thanks,

Hi i hope some of you can help me. I just got an interview invitation for march 29 and i have 3 questions.
1. What is the best way to get there flying and where do you think i should stay?
2. how many people get interviewed and how many do they accept usually?
3. any pointers on some questions that might be in the interview for those who have already been interviewed?
Thanks guys
Hi,

I will drive from TRI airport, TN to the school? if you happen to fly and arrive at TRI airport on March , 28th. We can go carpool. I already make reservation for a rental car. Let me know if we can go together to the school. I am really scared of driving by myself in 4 a.m in the morning. I am a girl and I don't know how to fix a car much if it is broke.

There has been a Appalachian College of Pharmacy Class of 2017 page created on Facebook. Feel free to ask any questions on there. I am a P1 and I disagree with living in Richlands, because most of us live 10-15 mins from school so it's better if you live close to the other students. Most students prefer living close to each other for hanging out, if you ever need anything or etc.
Thanks,

How dangerous it is to drive from TRI, TN to the campus? Is it right if I heard there is no phone reception?

Hey guys so I just received my acceptance letter in an email! I'm so excited! I'm just wondering for anyone else who got accepted if we receive any more info in the mail like class schedule, calendar, finding apartments, etc.

Thanks!

Hi everyone! I have my interview coming up on April 26th (the day after my birthday!) I'm so excited I think this is such a beautiful school and I can totally see myself loving it here. I wanted to ask how the interview is? What should I do to prepare? I'm semi freaking out :( I will be driving from Chicago since it's just about 9 hours so it's not awful

I went for an interview last weekend and Dr. Rau was on of the people that interviewed me. When the interview was over he shook my hand and said "see you in the fall." It kind of took me by surprise and all I could say was "I sure hope so." I'm just waiting to know for sure now. Has anybody else had a similar experience I don't know what to make of him saying that.

I went for an interview last weekend and Dr. Rau was on of the people that interviewed me. When the interview was over he shook my hand and said "see you in the fall." It kind of took me by surprise and all I could say was "I sure hope so." I'm just waiting to know for sure now. Has anybody else had a similar experience I don't know what to make of him saying that.

that sounds great! It sounds like you are already accepted!

Usually the interviewers in my interviews tried not to say anything that would give the student an impression that the student is going to be accepted or not. That is surely unusual of him for saying that!

Give us an update. I would like to know too. GL :)

Last edited:
Hey I have interview on the 26th of April and I will be driving from DC to ACP that will take 6 hours . I would like to have a company if some is also going from the DC area and please let me know ASAP.
Thanks

Hey guys,I interviewed on April 12th and received my acceptance letter yesterday:soexcited:. Waiting for the letter was the most stressful part of the application process. I look forward to working with and meeting everyone from the class of 2017; See you in the fall! Good luck to everyone else who interviews this coming Saturday:)

Hey guys,I interviewed on April 12th and received my acceptance letter yesterday:soexcited:. Waiting for the letter was the most stressful part of the application process. I look forward to working with and meeting everyone from the class of 2017; See you in the fall! Good luck to everyone else who interviews this coming Saturday:)
Hey, Congrats!!! I have my interview this Saturday and I'm literally praying I get in. I haven't gotten into any other program for next year and this is basically my last shot. my stats aren't that great but I will hopefully have a solid interview. what kind of questions did they ask? Any advice you have? My birthday is on Friday but I am too nervous for this interview to even do anything for it lol

Hey, Congrats!!! I have my interview this Saturday and I'm literally praying I get in. I haven't gotten into any other program for next year and this is basically my last shot. my stats aren't that great but I will hopefully have a solid interview. what kind of questions did they ask? Any advice you have? My birthday is on Friday but I am too nervous for this interview to even do anything for it lol
Happy early birthday! Try not to stress too hard over the interview ( I know it's hard to do; I was nervous as well). This will be the most laid back interview you will ever have.

The way I prepared for it was by looking at potential interview questions. I found a good set of questions from Ohio State University(https://pharmacy.osu.edu/forms/allstudents/career-services-2012/CommonInterviewQuestions.pdf). I made sure that I had an answer for every potential question on the list. This may seem excessive, but I wanted to be prepared for whatever was asked. Then I watched a lot of videos on youtube from "thepharmacistblog.com". The videos helped out a lot; especially the interview portion (hint)

Again, don't freak out, and try to be yourself. You should be fine as long as you prepare in some way. Let us know how it goes. Good luck on Saturday!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users