Application Availability to Medical Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C-qstr Grundelplith M.D.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was verified on the 29th and got the whole "Processing is Complete: Application has been made available to the designated medical schools." Well today the only e-mail I received was from a school saying "AMCAS is in the process of verifying your application..." Additionally, I went to start submitting some other secondaries and they stated they haven't received my application from AMCAS. Is this normal/is my paranoia setting in or is this an issue?

Members don't see this ad.

Applications were only first transmitted today, July 1st, to the schools. Schools may take some time before they have setup a file for you, received info, etc. I also suggest that you remove MD from your SDN screen name

Eh. It's from a Key and Peele skit.

Wouldn't be the same without the M.D. :p

Reactions: 2 users
ADAMS STATE!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the feedback. I was just curious because I kept hearing "make sure you get verified before July 1st" so I just assumed I could get to work today.

Thanks for the feedback. I was just curious because I kept hearing "make sure you get verified before July 1st" so I just assumed I could get to work today.
Don't sweat it. A day or a few days doesn't matter. While it is important to turn any secondaries you receive around quickly (like, within two or three weeks) in order to show interest as well as make sure your application is read early in the process, receiving XYZ College of Medicine's secondary on July 3rd as opposed to July 1st won't have any impact on your chances.

Reactions: 1 user