Application Holds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wyzeguy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up everyone... This is my first post. A few of my applications have been put "on hold for an interview". I have not been invited for any interviews yet. Does anyone have an opinion of what a "hold" really means? I feel like I am in limbo. Some people say a hold is pretty much like a delayed rejection. Is that true??? Also what does it mean if I was put on hold almost immediately after completing my secondary??? If anyone can shed some light on this for me I would greatly appreciate it because it's constantly on my mind and it's driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

hi wyzeguy :)

I was put on hold at two schools, and I think it means that you're not a bad applicant, but you're not a great one either. After the AdCom goes through all the candidate they like, if they still have interview slots left or space in their class, then they will consider your application. There is always hope for getting taken out of the "hold" category... it's not a definite rejection.