Application Process question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AppleJuice

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I will be applying this June but i'm not going to be at my home address because i am going away for the summer. How much of the application process including secondaries and interview setup is done via email? Do you think I will be okay or do you have any advice?

Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

AppleJuice said:
Hey guys,

I will be applying this June but i'm not going to be at my home address because i am going away for the summer. How much of the application process including secondaries and interview setup is done via email? Do you think I will be okay or do you have any advice?

Thanks in advance :)

Most of it is, but many schools will send letters informing you of secondaries and interviews as well. Just tell your parents or someone else to open these letters and phone you or e-mail you the instructions.

Do you have a summer address? A lot of it is done via email, but many schools still use regular mail. You definitely need to be able to get your mail. If you're going to be completely away, like out of the country or something, you may be able to arrange something with the schools on an individual basis.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in Europe last summer while I applied and most of it done online and the only thing I coordinated before I left was my Letters of Recommendation. Otherwise you should be set.

dbutz02 said:
I was in Europe last summer while I applied and most of it done online and the only thing I coordinated before I left was my Letters of Recommendation. Otherwise you should be set.

Yeah, I was only accessible via e-mail and everything went fine. Just get all your letters lined up and give the people who are going to be actually dropping them in the mail plenty of stamps or pre-paid envelopes.