Application Question answer needed!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bora83

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!!
I have a question about application.

When they are asking to list name of the schools that I am applying other than themselves, Is it better to list it or not??
Does it affect their admission decision???

Thank YOu

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!!
I have a question about application.

When they are asking to list name of the schools that I am applying other than themselves, Is it better to list it or not??
Does it affect their admission decision???

Thank YOu

In this case, as in all others, it would be best to be honest. List all the schools you are applying to, if that is what the application asks.
Schools understand that students apply to many schools for various reasons. I don't know if schools will use this information when deciding on your admission, but you should at least be able to answer "Why our school?" when asked in an interview. An interviewer may ask why you want to attend their school in light of your applications to other schools. If asked this in an interview, I don't think it is bad to have applied to the other schools, but you should show that you have been thoughtful about your school choices (rather than the answer being that you just wanted to boost your odds of admission). Also, schools may want this information for their own research (like what other schools their students commonly apply to, for example).
Bottom line, please be honest on your application. It would be awful if a school found out that you "omitted" this information, thus ensuring it becomes an issue when deciding your application. And, be able to explain why you applied to the schools you applied to. Don't be ashamed or afraid to talk about it to an interview committee.

I agree, definitely be honest. I can't image that it is THE deciding factor in whether or not you get accepted. Honestly, it didn't hurt me.

I was asked during my interviews about other schools I applied to and was honest about it. Each school has its own unique qualities from the others you applied to. Just be sure to explain and highlight why you chose their school.

It is a huge investment of money to apply so decide accordingly and thoughtfully.

Good luck with apps!